Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 10:14:58 AM EDT
Need some input here.  My boys are into "tactical"guns and "spec ops" stuff.  The oldest plays some video games that have that so the younger ones here about it.  They also read the gun mags I get.  They aren't into Dad's old military rifles or wood stocked AK's.  I picked them up an M4gery,they like it but I would like them to have and shoot an AK.  

Here are the condition for it,

1 NO AR stuff!

2. It needs to be a clone or reasonable copy of a real AK.

3. Prefer a stamped one as I have a Bulgy,Maadi and Sar one as possible doners.

4. Has to look "tactical"  what ever the heck that is.

5. Reasonable cost,ie would like to use the stamped reciever and maybe an ACE stock,looks alot like the newest Bulgi side folder.

Any thoughts or pics of real AK's would help.  My interest in AK's pretty much ended with the fall of the USSR.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:26:35 AM EDT
[#1]

Maybe this guy will cut you a deal?

Sorry!! I just can't get over that!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:36:31 AM EDT
[#2]
The trick here is to get the Boys into traditional type AKs like the ones found in the real World.A good game for them is "Mercenaries",they can use M4s,AKs,SVDs....................The good part is,none of the weapons are uber tactical!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:47:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The trick here is to get the Boys into traditional type AKs like the ones found in the real World.A good game for them is "Mercenaries",they can use M4s,AKs,SVDs....................The good part is,none of the weapons are uber tactical!

Don't the Polish Beryls have rails that make it look tactical?  I could have sworn those are "real world" AKs
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:51:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Do your kids want to look like this?

Snagged this out of the polish forum
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:19:17 AM EDT
[#5]
SAR-1 with Kvar black forearm furniture, Galil Stock & Pistol Grip, Hungarian 20rd Mag, Phantom Flash Suppressor.  Oh yeah, lousy camera.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:27:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/You%20cant%20make%20this%20shit%20up/2005_0729AK000712.jpg

Maybe this guy will cut you a deal?

Sorry!! I just can't get over that!

Man I knew that was gonna show up!

nugetngl,robpiat, thanks.  I wasn't thinking about Polish rifles.  They might rally go for that.  Use an SAR3.  Maybe some tantal bits on the front.

Dorsai, nice rifle.  How did that Galil folder go on there?

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:14:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I'll have to check that game out.   Is it a compuetr or a x box type of game?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#8]
X-Box,PS2. I like it!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:27:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:06:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Lookie Looke:
Romy parts on Armory/GT 1.6 receiver. TDi handguards, Tapco M4 collapsing stock. Tapco FCG, Romy Flash Hider. No-name VFG and lots of OD Krylon. Now sports a Bulgie sling with a AR style tactical loop at the stock...

7.62 and uses spiffy color coordinated Valmet mags.

-Cabby
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:39:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Lookie Looke:
Romy parts on Armory/GT 1.6 receiver. TDi handguards, Tapco M4 collapsing stock. Tapco FCG, Romy Flash Hider. No-name VFG and lots of OD Krylon. Now sports a Bulgie sling with a AR style tactical loop at the stock...

img207.imageshack.us/img207/2434/akm4012nx.jpg

img207.imageshack.us/img207/8580/akm4031zz.jpg

7.62 and uses spiffy color coordinated Valmet mags.

-Cabby

Seriously though, try to get them into traditional AK's, or try to convince them the black 100 series furniture is "tactical"
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Just the way Mr K planned it.

The PK-AS-V sight is absolutely outstanding.  Black dot / red dot as sweet as can be and the height keeps your head high for better vision all around and snaps up quickly.

The rail lower hg is nice to have the option to put something on if you like.

cya

http://www.hunt101.com/img/361022-big.JPG
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#13]

The PK-AS-V sight is absolutely outstanding. Black dot / red dot as sweet as can be and the height keeps your head high for better vision all around and snaps up quickly.

cya

^^^ nice^^^
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the pics guys.  Definitely no AR crap on my AK's.  Thing is they aren't fooled by just black furniture anymore.  Tried that.  Maybe some modernized Krink?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Sit the kiddys down and tell them about all the hardships that created the AK, tell them about all the peasants and guerillas in south america fighting for their freedom, let 'em know that REAL MEN use AKs.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:23:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

The PK-AS-V sight is absolutely outstanding.  Black dot / red dot as sweet as can be and the height keeps your head high for better vision all around and snaps up quickly.

cya

www.hunt101.com/img/361022-big.JPG

You ain't kiddin it keeps your head high...
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:44:40 PM EDT
[#18]
This is as 'tactical' as I'll get with an AK, unless I keep my SAR-3 (its not an AK caliber anyway).

So I vote k-var stock set and a Kobra for the SAR-1.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#19]

I like this
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:57:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I like "phased plasma rifles in a 40watt range" too.............

but can ya get em?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:00:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:18:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I like "phased plasma rifles in a 40watt range"...........

Hey pal, just what you see here!

I'll be back!

www.sciflicks.com/the_terminator/sounds.html
www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=8311
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:21:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Need some input here.  My boys are into "tactical"guns and "spec ops" stuff.  The oldest plays some video games that have that so the younger ones here about it.  They also read the gun mags I get.  They aren't into Dad's old military rifles or wood stocked AK's.  I picked them up an M4gery,they like it but I would like them to have and shoot an AK.  

Here are the condition for it,

1 NO AR stuff!

2. It needs to be a clone or reasonable copy of a real AK.

3. Prefer a stamped one as I have a Bulgy,Maadi and Sar one as possible doners.

4. Has to look "tactical"  what ever the heck that is.he
Any thoughts or pics of real AK's would help.  My interest in AK's pretty much ended with the fall of the USSR.

Thanks

Number 1 is most important .......if I want a commie gun I don't want any freedom parts on it  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:48:21 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Do your kids want to look like this?

Snagged this out of the polish forum

I'm really diggin that flip down front sight, scope mount, and rifled barreled grenade launcher under his arm.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top