Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2006 1:05:42 AM EDT
Gentlemen,

I've been looking through the EE a lot lately and noticed a TON of people still using Paypal.  How come?  Don't you realize that they are one of the most anti-gun corporations out there?  Why do they continue to receive financial support from so many good members here?  If they ever find out you're using them for a gun related transaction they WILL freeze your account and you WILL be screwed.  Is convenience so important that you line the pockets of the anti's?  Heck, I won't even set foot in a K-Mart since they caved to Fatass Michael Moore, nor will I put Goodyears on my truck. Please fight the good fight and quit using these assholes...take 5 extra minutes and buy a money order. Also please take a look at Paypalsucks.com.

MBR
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:38:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Quicker and easier....

If I boycotted every company  that I didnt agree with, I would be living in the forest..

Cant shop at Walmart, they use slave Chinese labor, Cant shop at Kmart because of reasons you mentioned, Cant shop at Target because they are antigun, Cant drink Pepsi as they support gays, Levis is anti gun/pro gay, Disney is progay/anti family values, the list could go on forever....

I sell allot.. I would say about half of the MOs that people promise to send never arrive.. Sure you can relist the items, but you have already lost three weeks...Or someone sends you some off brand MO or a bank check.. Then you have to wait for it to clear, and come back and check on it.

Sending is easier to.. 5 minutes on the computer.. Compare this to the pain of having to go down to the post office, standing in line, buying the MO, sending it away, Gas to get there, etc....

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:29:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree that it is probably impossible to boycott everyone "anti" , but paypal is one that I choose  to do.  They are huge.  I realize that alot of those mentioned in Stottman's post are huge Corps. as well.  Here is my philosophy, just boycott someone or something close to you and don't cave.  There are alot of people who depend on paypal, and until an alternative comes along, I understand people like Stottman's stance.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:11:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:29:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I understand the boycott thing, but I have to agree with Stottman. Time is my biggest enemy. It takes close to an hour every time I have to go to the Post Office.

Every time I use PP I don't think of supporting an anti.... I think of how I am "stickin' it to the man" They don't want me to do it, but I am doin' it anyway!

+1,I don't use any gun related descriptions on pp,it gives me a certain ammount of satisfaction to stick it too them!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:35:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm not exactly someone who goes along with the crowd.  I use PayPal for one simple reason.  It's simple and easy for me.  I work my ass off and don't have time to run around buying money orders.  If someone doesn't sell with PayPal, while I respect their decision, I will probably pass.  The only other option I have is to send a check directly from my bank account.  the funds are taken from my account immediately.  however, I've had lukebob losers refuse to accept even that.  Oh well piss on them too.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:42:02 AM EDT
[#6]
No Comment .

... ...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:48:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I do not know what ebay's or paypals personal stance on guns are but from a business standpoint I agree with them and would probably do the same.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:43:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I buy many items from sellers in Europe, mostly non gun related, and its so much easier with paypal. The USPS no longer has international money order for many European countries, such as Germany. I can either go to my bank and exchange dollars for euros and send them in the mail. If I send it registered, the letter will almost always dissapear in transit, and I will be out the money. Once it leaves the USPS , it cant be tracked .Sending cash in a letter,  is also risky. I can do a bank transfer , but that costs at least $25 on top of the conversion rate, and the form is a PITA to fill out. They want a lot of info.  Paying by paypal in euros  makes the most sense for me.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I wonder why there is so much gun stuff on ebay? Paypal and ebay are the same company. I've bought a ton of gun stufff on ebay and payed with paypal, nothing ever happened. They know what I bought and how I paid. Maybe the account freezing is an urban legend....
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:32:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I wonder why there is so much gun stuff on ebay? Paypal and ebay are the same company. I've bought a ton of gun stufff on ebay and payed with paypal, nothing ever happened. They know what I bought and how I paid. Maybe the account freezing is an urban legend....

From what I've seen,they are'nt as much anti gun as they are anti assault weapon.You can still list gun items but they'll freeze your account if they find out you're paying for AK parts.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:57:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Part of it is the fact they are in California, so you can blame THAT state more than Paypal or Ebay itself.

I went through a long email conversation with Ebay about this, and they take the tact that if its illegal to sell in any state, IE, High cap mags, in multiple states, Machine gun parts in Washington State, IE, a parts kit from an AK, that they could be held responsible for facilitating the breaking of another states, or California's laws.

I asked them then why can I buy a bong, or a switchblade?  They told me that only CA legal switchblades can be sold, with a 2" or lesser length blade, and that if it appears a bong is sold for drug use, they  pull the ad.  A bong sold for use with tobacco, is legal.

Now what I have done is to accept credit cards, but with a 1% less markup, than paypal, and you know how many people take that 1%, not very many.

Its convenience, I tell users to never mention the actual item, IE, magazines, AK parts, etc, in the payment notes, refer to the item number, thats fine, because chances are if a keyword isnt in the transaction, they probably dont take time to check.

I too like breaking their rules, and still using the service, but too many people just will not use anything else, so until I do get thrown off, I am flaunting their laws as much as I need to.

Bottom line, if the pro gun people got off their asses and helped change STATE laws, you could make it very difficult for ebay and paypal to have an easy out selling these items, because if it wasnt illegal, Im sure they would be happy to take your money.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:53:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

From what I've seen,they are'nt as much anti gun as they are anti assault weapon.You can still list gun items but they'll freeze your account if they find out you're paying for AK parts.

WRONG!!!! They froze my account even though I told them I bought a stok for a hunting rifle
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:11:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I stand corrected!I was of the assumption that if its OK to list on eBay then its OK for Paypal.But I still don't use any firearm terminology in my descriptions,I use pre determined code,like "Russian Gnome".
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:40:41 PM EDT
[#14]
PayPal is nice and simple.  I don't have time for money orders or going to the PO for them.  I'm one that will also pass on items (sometimes) if I can't pay via paypal.  Russian gnomes ROCK!

\

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:14:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Gentlemen,

I've been looking through the EE a lot lately and noticed a TON of people still using Paypal.  How come?  Don't you realize that they are one of the most anti-gun corporations out there?  Why do they continue to receive financial support from so many good members here?  If they ever find out you're using them for a gun related transaction they WILL freeze your account and you WILL be screwed.  Is convenience so important that you line the pockets of the anti's?  Heck, I won't even set foot in a K-Mart since they caved to Fatass Michael Moore, nor will I put Goodyears on my truck. Please fight the good fight and quit using these assholes...take 5 extra minutes and buy a money order. Also please take a look at Paypalsucks.com.

MBR

Do U wear Levi's, they support the ANTI-GUN. Dont forget it was Rosie that started all the shit with Kaymart. Sometimes paypal is the only choice of pay, so sometimes I use them but that is rare.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Paypal started out small and grew very large very fast. I'm wondering when one of the gun forums will start their own payment system. There's a lot of money to be made off of 2 or 3 percent of gun parts sales, resales. It does'nt have to be limited to gun parts, just needs pro gun support.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:08:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:16:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Quicker and easier....

If I boycotted every company  that I didnt agree with, I would be living in the forest..

Cant shop at Walmart, they use slave Chinese labor, Cant shop at Kmart because of reasons you mentioned, Cant shop at Target because they are antigun, Cant drink Pepsi as they support gays, Levis is anti gun/pro gay, Disney is progay/anti family values, the list could go on forever....

I sell allot.. I would say about half of the MOs that people promise to send never arrive.. Sure you can relist the items, but you have already lost three weeks...Or someone sends you some off brand MO or a bank check.. Then you have to wait for it to clear, and come back and check on it.

Sending is easier to.. 5 minutes on the computer.. Compare this to the pain of having to go down to the post office, standing in line, buying the MO, sending it away, Gas to get there, etc....

Or... Are you in business to make a political statement or a living?

As a consumer, I've stopped using PayPal... USPS Money Order is the way I go, when I can find one I can park my tractor-trailer by
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top