Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/31/2005 6:21:28 PM EDT
I have had this carbine for over 10 years.  Has been a great piece, runs like a scalded dog, rougher than a bowl of sauerkraut.

Can anyone shed some light on the RML?

I have heard the MISR have thier issues.

The Steyr barrelled weapons are great.

But I do not hear much abouth the RML.

Importer is PARS.

Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Steyr was the name of the importer in the 1980's. There is no "Steyr" barrel Maadi rifles. The RML designation was mainly on the 20'' thin barrel version imported but was also stamped on some of the 16" standard AKM type rifles. The RML/ARM rifles imported in the 1990's was of average quality and nothing special. They did the job. Quality of construction seemed to vary from lot to lot, with the main problems of canted FSB. Some came with the barrel muzzle turned down or a nut welded on.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:27:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top