Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 2:55:58 PM EDT
What is the difference between SAM 7 carbine and SAM 7 classic? The obvious difference is the price, the classic is almost double the price.  Any input is welcomed.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:12:51 PM EDT
[#1]
The carbine has a 90 degree gas block while the classic has a 45 degree gas block.  Obviously the classic has the blonde wood furniture.

Those are the obvious differences.  The reason for the price difference they only made a few hundred classics, and Arsenal of Bulgaria no long makes the parts for the classic, so there won't be any more of them.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:30:24 PM EDT
[#2]
In addition to what dskeet said the differences between the two include.

Front sight base:
Carbine: Smaller AKM style
Classic: Larger AK47 style that accepts Type I "pigsticker" bayonet

Barrel:
Carbine: Thinner AKM style
Classic: Thicker AK47 style

Upper gas tube:
Carbine: Un-vented AKM style
Classic: Vented AK47 style

The sling attaches to the buttstock of the SA M7 carbine and to the lower handgaurd retainer.  On the Classic it attaches to the side of the reciever and to gas block.

The SA M7 Carbine is really a Frankenstein AK as it has features found on the AK47(milled reciever), the AKM(all kinds of stuff) and the AK74(90 degree gas block).

The SA M7 Classic is a copy of the Type III AK47.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#3]
They made ban Classics and a few no ban classics. I love mine. Look around on EE or Gunbroker , gunsamerica sometimes they can be found
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:36:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Front sight base:

Barrel:

Upper gas tube:

The sling attaches to the buttstock of the SA M7 carbine and to the lower handgaurd retainer.  On the Classic it attaches to the side of the reciever and to gas block.

The SA M7 Carbine is really a Frankenstein AK as it has features found on the AK47(milled reciever), the AKM(all kinds of stuff) and the AK74(90 degree gas block).

So the Carbine is an AKM with a milled receiver? .....If there is such a thing?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:47:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I am buying a classic on EE right now. AND my wife said that I can order another ak as a late x-mas present.  I was thinking about getting the carbine to shoot and keep the classic unfired.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:47:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Could your wife talk to mine?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:04:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Selectfire, send pics...  interested in a trade?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:08:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Is the stock the same?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:53:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:16:25 AM EDT
[#10]
where or how does a guy get wood like this?.........

sweet!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:55:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
where or how does a guy get wood like this?.........

img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/redfisher19/sam6.jpg

sweet!

If you ever find out...give me a shout, will you?

Bud
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:47:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Front sight base:

Barrel:

Upper gas tube:

The sight base on my SA M-7 Carbine is the same size as an AK-47.  It's definitely not as small as the AKM variants.  

Biggest difference?  The Price.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:29:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The sight base on my SA M-7 Carbine is the same size as an AK-47.  It's definitely not as small as the AKM variants.  

Biggest difference?  The Price.

He's got it.  I also had trouble getting any bayonet but the AK-74 style to fit the Carbine.

The front sight base has a "rounded" opening at the front where the cleaning rod head goes.

I tried fitting an East German AKM bayonet to the rifle, but it has a square fitting that butts up against this rounded opening for the cleaning rod and wouldn't lock in place.

For the money, I prefer the Carbine.  It's a good basic milled AK that won't break the bank.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:11:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, I originally posted this because I was thinking of getting one or the other.........I just did it arf.com style and got both!

(pictured with a new vector too.)

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:17:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I said it once and I'll say it again, I really hate that man!

Congratulations, Instante!

Bud

ETA: Is that another Vector underfolder?  Or is that the one pictured with your Vector Classic and Polytech?  Where'd you get your Arsenal "Classic?"
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:50:38 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Is that another Vector underfolder?  Or is that the one pictured with your Vector Classic and Polytech?  Where'd you get your Arsenal "Classic?"

Hi Bud,

This is new Vector Underfolder, I jumped on it because it came with the ultimak system and it has MILLED struts!  (all for $525.00)  

Arsenal Classic and came from afr.com member "pieceofstink"  off EE.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top