Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 10:50:57 AM EDT
I can't stand the folding stock or the weird handguard attachment system (I like the normal AK way better). I'm wondering-is it possible to change a tantal over to an AK-74 style configuration?

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Well swapping the folder out is straight forward enough, no mods required.

Wanna sell me the folder
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:12:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Well swapping the folder out is straight forward enough, no mods required.

Wanna sell me the folder

IF I can convert this thing to AK-74 style, yeah.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:43:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Just sell the damn thing and buy a 74.  It's not worth the hassle.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Agreed The stock swap is straight forward, you could remove the trunion from the stock by removing the two pins, but it would be easier simply to purchase a $15 rear trunion for a fixed stock.  This is the easy part.

Changing the frong handguard means replacing the handguard retainer, which means pulling the Front sight base and gas block and even then I'm not sure what would be required to replace the retainer as I haven't measured my tantal barrel to see if the retainer would simply slide on, and what grove is there or missing.  In addition you would then need a gastube with retainers and I don't know if the tantal has the same lenght as a standard gas tube and if it will fit in the front sight base.  Just sell the thing to somebody who wants a tantal and buy a 74.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:17:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#6]
You could just sell me the Tantal and use the money to buy a regular '74!!!

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:12:31 PM EDT
[#7]
most people buy the tantal b/c it IS different from the std 74's.....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top