BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/30/2005 11:55:26 AM EDT
On a pistol grip screw.? Thanks
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#1]
iirc, 6x1 metric.  i couldn't find anything in local hardware automotive places that was long enough.  i just order an extra or two every time i order something from K-var, i get the long one just to be sure.  think this is the long one
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:14:46 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 6mm.  Just took one to a store yesterday to try nuts to find out for sure.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:31:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Your "average" grip screw is 108 mm long. At least all of 'em that I've been makein' for the chi-com wood grips turn out to be with a few extra threads. The thread size is 6mmx1.0 pitch. I've got a decent idea on how to make 'em but I'm puttin' a few to the test to be sure.Madtechcool
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks. Does the wood grip ( made by Ironwood) seat against the botton of the receiver or is there another piece that goes on the top of the grip. Some of the pictures I see of factory guns look like there is another piece of metal at the top.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:17:23 PM EDT
[#5]
As far as I know, all the wood grips produced by different countrys have a metal bezel around the top mateing surface. I'd say that it is to keep the wood from splitting under recoil impact. From what I've seen, the Ironwood grips go wood to receiver, unless they have some optional milling for the bezel. There's a batch of wide bezels on Gunbroker right now. Luv that woodMadtechcool
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top