Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/29/2005 7:42:54 PM EDT
i have fired both many times.....personaly i found the sks to be a bit more acurate and have a little less kick due to weight....but the ak seems to be a funner shoot......i found the sights to be alot nicer also......the lightness of the ak compared with the sks is also nice.....the ak is altogether better in a brushy environment like the coast here in my opinion...what do you guy's think?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:48:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I kinda like AKs too.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#2]
The Yugo SKS is wonderful for it's historical reference purpose, neat gun.

But the fun factor of the AK is hard to argue with.

Our Dunham's has the Yugo SKS' on sale at times for $89.00.

The WASR generally can be had for around the $300 mark.

Some consider the WASR the bottom-o-the barrell AK.

If you like to tinker (and who doesnt).  They represent a fair value for an AK.

"You can say it was a good day, I didnt have to use my AK"

Ice cube  "It was a good day"

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:47:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Even better day if you didn't have to use a WASR.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:48:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

My god is that all you post on here?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:50:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes. And you do not have to refer to me as your god.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:51:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1,you've racked up a pretty good post count bashing WASRs and recommending Vepr's.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:52:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1,you've racked up a pretty good post count bashing WASRs and recommending Vepr's.

Your point is?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:53:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Man you are so cool!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:56:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Man you are so cool!

I know I am, and if you didn't read  the title of the thread it is about a WASR vs. Yugo SKS.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:59:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And this pertained to SKS?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:01:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And this pertained to SKS?

Edited because FMJ is a nice guy.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd have to agree with you there. I recently got back into shooting with my AKM and SKS. Both are awesome and fun. I consider the SKS the poor man's Garand. It's also the "Rodney Dangerfield" of carbines. It get's no respect. But everyone at the Range I shoot at who's tried it comes away impressed.
I helped out a guy there today whose SKS wasn't firing the rounds reliably. I took out the bolt and looked at the firing pin. It barely moved and was slightly sticky in the front position. I asked him if he had taken it apart recently. "Yup!" He'd put it back together with the firing pin rotated 180 out so  the retaining pin bound on the firing pin! Easy fix. The guy actually had tools with him! Soon we had all three of our SKS's booming away. Good fun! (But for the life of me I have no idea why he'd take the bolt apart like that to begin with!)
Both are a great value for the money too.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:04:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It pertained to my choice of what to state in this post, if you don't like it I really don't give a shit.

I'll be the bigger man and just stop posting.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:05:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It pertained to my choice of what to state in this post, if you don't like it I really don't give a shit.

Good boy.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:08:04 PM EDT
[#15]
WASRs PWNZ J00z ALLZzzzzzzzzz
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:12:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I guess you weren't serious, huh?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:14:06 PM EDT
[#17]

If you like to tinker (and who doesnt). They represent a fair value for an AK.

+1
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:17:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Okay, you're officially retarded because of that post.

I'd take the Yugo SKS (I'm assuming the 59/66 or whatever, the common one with the grenade attachment and the underfolding bayo).   Those Yugos are real surplus military weapons.  The WASR is a weapon made for civilian consumption, imported, hacked up by trained monkeys at Century to get it to take a doublestack magazine, and then sold to people that like the idea of the cheapest AK money can currently buy.  

IMO, the quality difference between the two is fairly apparent, and the Yugo SKS is cheaper, to boot.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I felt that my post was funny and would cause less hostility. Thank you very much. W00t!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd take the Yugo SKS (I'm assuming the 59/66 or whatever, the common one with the grenade attachment and the underfolding bayo).   Those Yugos are real surplus military weapons.  The WASR is a weapon made for civilian consumption, imported, hacked up by trained monkeys at Century to get it to take a doublestack magazine, and then sold to people that like the idea of the cheapest AK money can currently buy.  

IMO, the quality difference between the two is fairly apparent, and the Yugo SKS is cheaper, to boot.

Did you get JOHNO's permission before posting an opinion different than his?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:37:55 PM EDT
[#21]
But back to the topic at hand. I own a WASR-10 and a Chinese SKS paratrooper and I like my WASR a little bit more. Mainly because of the look and I had a problem not to long ago with my paratrooper. The hinge pin came out and I found out it was bent. Yet I replaced the pin and it seems to be working fine now. Plus I plainly like my AK better because it holds more rounds and looks cooler. Also I have found out the accuracy out of my para and WASR is about the exact same.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:22:36 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Did you get JOHNO's permission before posting an opinion different than his?

There is nothing wrong with differing opinions,it just gets old seeing you relentlessy bash the WASR.There are alot of happy WASR owners on this site who have'nt had the first problem with their WASR.Even a WASR with issues can be tweaked into a reliable rifle with a little attention.The same issues people have with the WASR are the same issues people used to have with the Maadi MISR 10s that had been converted to high cap.They turned out to be great AKs after you fixed the canted sights,changed out the FCG and polished up the rails.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:49:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:27:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Go with the WASR.*

*The above statement was made by who is apparentley the only guy in the world that has a WASR-10 with straight sights, easy magazine changes, and no trigger slap.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:39:17 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:31:33 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Go with the WASR.*

*The above statement was made by who is apparentley the only guy in the world that has a WASR-10 with straight sights, easy magazine changes, and no trigger slap.

Ditto with mine.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:33:21 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Might be because there have been dozens of threads by people complaining about their WASRs. Conversely, you never hear anyone saying a bad thing about a VEPR.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#28]
While I like the wasr and own one,If I had to choose between the two,it would have to be the yugo sks.For me there is just something about this rifle.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:15:44 PM EDT
[#29]
I vote for the WASR.

Max
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:21:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Go with the WASR.*

Ditto with mine.

I sometimes have trouble putting magazines in, but I proscribe it mostly to user error.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Might be because there have been dozens of threads by people complaining about their WASRs. Conversely, you never hear anyone saying a bad thing about a VEPR.

They're heavy, it's hard to find new furniture for them if the stock isn't the right size, and they're out of the price-range of most broke college students like myself.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:46:22 PM EDT
[#31]
I dont have a Yugo SKS but I do have a Russian SKS, which is considered by most to be better.

I do have a WASR.

I have not had any problem with either gun.  I have more rounds thru the WASR.

If I had to keep only one it would be the WASR.  Its more useful for my needs.

Shorter
Lighter
Removable mags
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:05:35 PM EDT
[#32]
I have several 7.62x39's.  SKS's and a couple of ak's.  One of them being a WASR.  I believe it's pretty subjective depending on the condition of your wasr and experience.  THe only rifle's that have not jammed are both ak's.  I went through several wasr's before I bought mine.  It has straight FSB and gas tube and all mags fit tight.  Mags fit better than my chinese ak.  I think it probably depends on who assembled the rifle and how much "wodka"  they had to drink the night before. My only complaint is the rouhg finish on the stocks that will soon be remedied.  It doesn't bother me really and I don't have "dimple" envy.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top