Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/28/2005 8:42:43 PM EDT
I got to shoot one a couple months ago, and it was nice. It seemed fairly accurate and very little recoil. I would consider purchasing one in the future (probably distant future though lol) if I knew more about them. For my next rifle, I want something that is worth puting a scope on, low recoil but with decent range. (Ya I know, it sounds like the gun I'm looking for is an AR15/m4, but if the ak74 is similar in quality, I might consider it just to be unique and save some money) How much do they cost?, and which is the best for the money, the one I shot was romanian I hear a lot also about ammo being scarce and expensive for them, is this true?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:49:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Arsenal SLR-105 A1r, plain and simple. If you are looking for the best I suggest you research no further. arsenalinc.com I hear they have one more large run leaving the factory this Jan./Feb. and then no more for some time (I hope to grab one for myself ) They are as close to the real AK-74 as you will ever get, period. Expect to pay approx. $600 if you get a good deal, that's for the A1 R with a scope rail, FH, etc. If you have the money, go for it man. Get yourself a nice Kobra red dot for it and you will have a scary, accurate rifle, with no recoil, just like you are looking for.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:50:53 PM EDT
[#2]
oh and I don't own one personally, but I would keep away from the Romanian varients; know many people who have been displeased with Romie AKs. This is just my opinion......
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:05:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, get the SLR-105 A1R. It has everything you need, just need to buy mags and ammo.

Ammo is limited to Wolf or Barnaul. I never had a problem with either but Barnaul is more accurate.
Both have the airspace you hear of 5.45mm having.

Mags, you can buy any 5.45mm mag and use it, no matter the country.  Russian mags are the more expensive. Like the 45 rd bakelites. It's either 30 or 45 rd mags you can choose.

5.45mm is a great round. Recoil is nonexistant with the muzzle brake. More accurate than 7.62x39 AK's. You'll love the 5.45mm round and the SLR-105A1R
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:19:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Romanians are fine if you're not on a high budget.  I think I bought mine from AIM for $278 or something like that.  No problems with mine.  I have 5 Romanians.  They're all excellent rifles.  I normally like to buy them used.  That way the previous owner can verify the functionality for me.  

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:27:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Romanians are fine if you're not on a high budget.  I think I bought mine from AIM for $278 or something like that.  No problems with mine.  I have 5 Romanians.  They're all excellent rifles.  I normally like to buy them used.  That way the previous owner can verify the functionality for me.  

www.hunt101.com/watermark.php?file=500/6642RomanianAK74.jpg

That looks pretty durn good!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:44:54 AM EDT
[#6]
That bakelite Front PG is awsome!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:48:02 AM EDT
[#7]
There is nothing wrong with the Romanian SAR 2 at all.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:59:39 AM EDT
[#8]
You appear to be faithful to the Romanian pattern...
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:32:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top