Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/28/2005 7:41:18 AM EDT
I know that it is a mythilocal creature, but this term is used around here regarding people. I gues I am ignorent.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:42:13 AM EDT
[#1]
never gone fishing?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:45:17 AM EDT
[#2]
sure all the time. Just not sure how that applies to people who make dumb comments. Unless the are just wondering around slowly looking for dumb ansewrs to dumb questones
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:59:10 AM EDT
[#3]
people on forums who join for the intention of causing discord.

a troll on this forum would be someone who in general discussion starts a topic like, "this is why Gun Control is actually a GOOD thing."

he knows that everyone will slam him, and call him names, and try to rip apart his argument, he most likely won't come back to respond, he just wanted to see the sparks fly from what he started.

Or like someone in the AK forum starting a thread saying how crappy of a design the AK is compared to the AR.  That would be a troll from the AR side
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:01:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info. I see said the blind man.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:09:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:38:25 AM EDT
[#6]
a troll would be someone who asks off topic questions in the AK forum......
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Actually a troll can be a lot of different things to a lot of different people...

I called out a guy yesterday for being a troll who on his first and second postings wrote something about both GunsNet and Diamond Dave at Elite, both of which are not well received here. Templar agreed and -zot!-

n00bs are always viewed with suspicion, and there is good cause for this. All I can say about n00bness is to keep humble and do much more reading than posting.

Then there are the guys who start a thread about any of the innumerable done-to-death topics such as:

What gun did Al Pacino use in Heat?
The AK vs. AR debate.
The .45 vs. 9mm debate.
The 1911 vs. anything else debate.
The Colt AR vs. anything else debate.
MARPAT.

And the list goes on.

Then there is a specific subset of Religion forum rules for trolls which I can't wrap my brain around...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:29:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:51:22 AM EDT
[#9]
great read now I know and that is half the battle!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Combat_Jack, if he happens to post on this side.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:42:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

BIG + 1!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Wait...........you mean AR's are NOT better than AK's???? That's not what MY studies show!!!
There.......that's a troll..............
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:54:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Actually a troll can be a lot of different things to a lot of different people...

I called out a guy yesterday for being a troll who on his first and second postings wrote something about both GunsNet and Diamond Dave at Elite, both of which are not well received here. Templar agreed and -zot!-

I think your troll call on that one came a little too quick. I woulda liked to see him dig his hole a little deeper.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:55:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BIG + 1!

there's a few others, I just can't think of their names at the moment.  I'm sure they'll poke their heads up sooner or later.  Just start a thread about brilliance in the design of the AK system.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:14:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:28:10 PM EDT
[#16]
removed.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:36:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Here's a great example of a troll:

Quoted:
The AK is a SHITTY platform. Poor ergs and accuracy.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:37:57 PM EDT
[#18]
poor combat_jack, he can't own a handgun for another 3 years....
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
poor combat_jack, he can't own a handgun for another 3 years....

Come on Mark, you have to admit he has lot's of "combat" experience! He's been posting on here for years (since he was 14 or 15)! I try not to take advice from children.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:00:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:55:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Like those Guys who moderate the AK EE.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:56:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you damn right!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:22:05 PM EDT
[#23]
while were on the forum lingo topic wtf do people always say +1 for?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:54:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

SLAPhAPPY1:

It's the literal equivalent of a grunt,... it uaually means "I agree with you"

It also means "look I just increased my post count"

+1
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#26]

If you criticize Israel or use the term ZIONIST , you are considered a troll . Ask me how
I know .    
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:22:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#28]

Longhorn fans in Israel ?    COOL !!!      
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
If you criticize Israel or use the term ZIONIST , you are considered a troll . Ask me how
I know .    

How do you know, Abu Mazen?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:11:35 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

John, man you're gonna hear about this one...

but a big PLUS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:23:34 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:32:07 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<--ForceOfHabit
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:31:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Al Pacino was in Heat?????
I always thought he was undergunned by Val Kilmer.............
h.gif
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:58:52 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I know .    hr

See what I mean ?    
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:59:52 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I know .    

See what I mean ?    

Yes I do.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Here's a little dictionary that might help:

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/troller.htm

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:15:00 PM EDT
[#37]
There are 3 types of trolls.
1.  The DU Troll.  The obvious troll that doesn't really believe in what a forum stands for.  He/she merely intends to piss people off by posting crap like "Sheehan is my hero" and "people don't kill people, guns kill people."  These people are often assumed to be regulars at DU.

2.  The Stupid Rookie Troll.  Not so much a troll, but many people with low post counts are often called trolls.  Many people assume that anyone with a low post count is merely an inferior human being and that a high post count somehow increases ones overall awareness and intelligence.  They fail to realize that these kind of assumptions can make them look like assholes, as well as discourage new members from contributing to the community.  Sorry guys, but some people just have better shit to do than post all day on the internet.

3.  The Other-Side-Of-The-Argument Troll.  Some people just can't accept the fact that their opinion isn't gospel to the entire AR15.com community.  Therefore anyone that disagrees with them is called a troll.  Often this is done in ignorance.  Sometimes it is done to discredit the "troll" when no valid argument can be made.

For example, SheehanForPrez posts that GWB is the devil and will bring about the end of the world.  Almost immediately an ARFCOM mob would fill the thread with troll accusations, and rightly so.  That would constitute a DU troll.

In our next example, GlockExplodes makes his 14th post asking why people think they need AR's.  While he/she may legitimately be investigating gun ownership for the first time in his/her life, the poor wording of his/her question in conjunction with a low post count will cause many people will jump down his/her throat claiming that he/she is a DU troll and should burn in hell, alienating what could be the next pro-gun senator in CA (hypothetically speaking).  Hello Stupid Rookie Troll.

In our final example, ILikeRKBA posts that no background check should be required to purchase any firearm.  ILikeRKBA2 posts that he/she feels that a background check should be mandatory to make sure that illegal immigrants, drug dealers, convicted rapists, or skitzos are not getting guns.  The first poster immediately shits his pants and, before forming a rational thought or argument, drops the T bomb.  The thread quickly degenerates into a personal insult match, possibly leading to additional threadage in The Pit.  ILikeRKBA2, you have just been Other-Side-Of-The-Argument Trollerized.

And now I am done typing before I forget what the original question was.  Man, I'm bored.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:32:23 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There are 3 types of trolls.
1.  The DU Troll.  The obvious troll that doesn't really believe in what a forum stands for.  He/she merely intends to piss people off by posting crap like "Sheehan is my hero" and "people don't kill people, guns kill people."  These people are often assumed to be regulars at DU.

2.  The Stupid Rookie Troll.  Not so much a troll, but many people with low post counts are often called trolls.  Many people assume that anyone with a low post count is merely an inferior human being and that a high post count somehow increases ones overall awareness and intelligence.  They fail to realize that these kind of assumptions can make them look like assholes, as well as discourage new members from contributing to the community.  Sorry guys, but some people just have better shit to do than post all day on the internet.

3.  The Other-Side-Of-The-Argument Troll.  Some people just can't accept the fact that their opinion isn't gospel to the entire AR15.com community.  Therefore anyone that disagrees with them is called a troll.  Often this is done in ignorance.  Sometimes it is done to discredit the "troll" when no valid argument can be made.

For example, SheehanForPrez posts that GWB is the devil and will bring about the end of the world.  Almost immediately an ARFCOM mob would fill the thread with troll accusations, and rightly so.  That would constitute a DU troll.

In our next example, GlockExplodes makes his 14th post asking why people think they need AR's.  While he/she may legitimately be investigating gun ownership for the first time in his/her life, the poor wording of his/her question in conjunction with a low post count will cause many people will jump down his/her throat claiming that he/she is a DU troll and should burn in hell, alienating what could be the next pro-gun senator in CA (hypothetically speaking).  Hello Stupid Rookie Troll.

In our final example, ILikeRKBA posts that no background check should be required to purchase any firearm.  ILikeRKBA2 posts that he/she feels that a background check should be mandatory to make sure that illegal immigrants, drug dealers, convicted rapists, or skitzos are not getting guns.  The first poster immediately shits his pants and, before forming a rational thought or argument, drops the T bomb.  The thread quickly degenerates into a personal insult match, possibly leading to additional threadage in The Pit.  ILikeRKBA2, you have just been Other-Side-Of-The-Argument Trollerized.

And now I am done typing before I forget what the original question was.  Man, I'm bored.

Excellent post.

Thank you.  I wish I had the soapbox smiley.  Where do you guys get that crap, anyway?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:35:07 PM EDT
[#40]
This?  

You have it, it's in the "animations" box.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:47:55 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
This?  

Now you're properly equipped!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:08:37 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This?  

Now you're properly equipped!

Sweet!  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Stupid noob if you read around on here enough you would understand. God some non members are so pathetic they cant even take the time to read the threads and pay attention to figure out what a +1 means!!!!!

There's 2 examples there.
1. The noob
Who didnt pay enough attention in the post, before asking a question
2. The ass
Who blasted you beyond necessity for being a useless noob

And before you ask a Noob is someone who hasnt been on the board long.

I am just playing with you though man, Welcome to the site
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

a troll on this forum would be someone who in general discussion starts a topic like, "this is why Gun Control is actually a GOOD thing."

he knows that everyone will slam him, and call him names, and try to rip apart his argument, he most likely won't come back to respond, he just wanted to see the sparks fly from what he started.

Or like someone in the AK forum starting a thread saying how crappy of a design the AK is compared to the AR.  That would be a troll from the AR side

The AR is far superior in every aspect to the AK.  (me>)

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top