Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/27/2005 4:34:12 PM EDT
Can anyone tell me how to fix a canted front sight? I know that you have to drill the old pins out and then re-pin. Can anyone elaborate further? Will it just move after I drill it out? What do I use to pin it again? Then should I file it down? Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:39:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:43:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Great!  Just what I was looking for.  Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:28:16 PM EDT
[#3]
that sucks my wasr outshot evry high priced ak by the people who owned the "better" versions. The people with the "better" versions like to shoot the wasr to see what the difference is and so far it has outshot a maadi, vector, mak 90, and some other american made version with a bulgarian milled receiver. and keep in mind they were shot by the people who had the other versions. Everytime someone asks me how much i payed for it they seem to want to compare so i let them use their ammo in my gun to compare. One guy who i saw a few weeks after traded in his ak and bought a wasr and was very happy with the results
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:09:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
that sucks my wasr outshot evry high priced ak by the people who owned the "better" versions. The people with the "better" versions like to shoot the wasr to see what the difference is and so far it has outshot a maadi, vector, mak 90, and some other american made version with a bulgarian milled receiver. and keep in mind they were shot by the people who had the other versions. Everytime someone asks me how much i payed for it they seem to want to compare so i let them use their ammo in my gun to compare. One guy who i saw a few weeks after traded in his ak and bought a wasr and was very happy with the results

wow i love my WASR and all but this is just
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:47:33 PM EDT
[#5]
So a WASR shoots better than an SA M7A1 R?

OooooooooKaaaaaaaaaaaay...

Edited to add:

You can always find individual examples of a specific firearm type that shoot 100% and are very accurate. I am sure that there were 2 or 3 French guys during WW1 who thought their Chauchaut (sp?) was the greatest weapon ever because theirs never jammed. That doesn't mean all of the other ones didn't jam all the time.

So congrats on a nice WASR, SLAPhAPPY1. Perhaps to test your theory you should acquire ten or fifteen different WASR's and bring them all to the range at the same time. Then you run different ammo through them in a controlled fashion and get accuracy and reliability results. Then you could compare these to the other AK's you mentioned.

Blanket statements are hard to justify most of the time.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:23:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Thanks for the review.....................
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:45:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I see nothing wrong with it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:54:52 AM EDT
[#8]
If the site are on striaght... An AK is an AK. Some are just polished and prettier than others.IMO WarDawg
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:26:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If the site are on striaght... An AK is an AK. Some are just polished and prettier than others.IMO WarDawg

+1 as of right now my WASR proves to shoot better then I do so i dont complane one bit... the only other AK i have ever drooled over was a Arsenal in 7.62 but that was mainly becuse it was soo pretty and everything on it was so smooth...

my WASR with a Kobra on it can hit targets out to 200 meters with ease.. doesnt meen i can hit thouse targets but i know it can...

besides the finnesh and quality of build overall the wasr is a great entry level AK.. there are AKs out there that i like more but i dont care about getting the finnesh on my WASR scrached, running it into the ground with bumps, or forgeting to clean it for a day or two... *yes i clean my AK like every other weapon i own..*

in other words... God Damn I love my WASR.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:06:07 AM EDT
[#10]
+1
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:01:01 AM EDT
[#11]

my WASR with a Kobra on it can hit targets out to 200 meters with ease.. doesnt meen i can hit thouse targets but i know it can...

Which Kobra did you get?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:13:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:10:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#14]
my WASR actually really does have over 3k rounds through it, actually its around 15K+ now. and i love it to death, and consider it my best rifle. but it still isnt better then any of the rifles he listed, only better when you compare price/performace ratio.

i really dont think a WASR can outshoot a saiga or a vepr, because ive shoot both and was easily able to do better with the better guns.

anyway, this thread is so far off track its not even funny.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:56:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:21:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Removed.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top