Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/25/2005 7:43:56 PM EDT
I'm buying a Polish PMKMS kit off of someone local on the EE.  What do I need to get?  Obviously a G2 FCG to replace the FA parts.  Also a US made gas piston, Pistol grip, Handguards, and slant brake.  What else do I need?  How many rivets?  Different sizes of rivets?  Barrel retainer pin...or can I reuse the one that comes with it (if its even in the kit)?  I'm not mounting a scope rail so I don't have to worry about trying to add that.  What do you all recommend?  I'm going to try to recruit some help from someone in PA.  I don't want to pay to have one built as I'm short on cash.  

Second, I will be refinishing it when I'm done.  I don't have an airbrush so I'd have to buy the "Duracoad EZ finishing kit" that includes the airbrush.  How much would a Auto-body shop charge to paint a firearm?

CMS
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:24:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Do yourself a favor and go to the "Build it Yourself" forum and read through the stickys at the top. A lot of good info that should answer all your questions. Best of luck. Polish unders make for a cool build.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:55:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Been looking through the BIY forum but still haven't really got any answers.  Any experienced builders want to contribute?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:34:43 AM EDT
[#3]
us parts you will need 6
fcg (3 parts)
pg  
rec
slant brake

you wont need new hg's or piston

you will need a total of 16 rivets
15 short and 1 long

the barrel pin will be installed in the trunnion when you get your kit and can be reused
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:35:52 AM EDT
[#4]
almost forgot you cant install a rail on an uf so its a good thang you dont want 1
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:04:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
us parts you will need 6
fcg (3 parts)
pg  
rec
slant brake

you wont need new hg's or piston

you will need a total of 16 rivets
15 short and 1 long

the barrel pin will be installed in the trunnion when you get your kit and can be reused

The barrel is already out of the trunnion so I dont' know if it includes the pin or not...

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top