Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2005 10:25:18 PM EDT
Does anyone have any builds from them and what is the quality.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:57:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:32:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know much about them but here's their site: Red Jacket
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:51:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I have two builds from them that I just got back last week, a Bulgarian sidefolder and a Polish underfolder.  The lighting is a little dark in the photos, but here's the two.  The sidefolder actually has plum furniture/mag though it looks black in the photo.  I've also swapped the 74 brake for the Bulgarian flash hider that Veriforce has.

I am exceptionally pleased with the work, haven't had a chance to take them out yet though.  (damn my job!)  Will Hayden over at RJF is a great guy, it was very easy to get things set up and taken care of with him.  I have two SARs that I want cleaned up, and they will be definitely going his way after the holiday season!

RJF is a site sponsor over at Gunco, and they post frequently there.  Well-liked and respected by the board members.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:27:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice rifles, I fixed the gamma on a couple of your pics to show them better ...

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:52:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Red Jacket AMD-65 built on a Global receiver.  Very nice gun.  I was concerned at first because Red Jacket is somehow connected to JOEKING.  But I couldn't pass up on the price of the AMD.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:54:45 AM EDT
[#6]
after trying to get email responses about getting a parts kit assembled from five other "builders" -- on a lark, i dropped will (redstick firearms) an email from the form on his website (btw, no mention of build services being offered on the website). . . i received a detailed quote and time line from will personally within 10 minutes!! wow!!

will's customer service is above reproach and should be emulated by others "offering" build services. he even had global trade receivers in stock to complete the build for me.

although the delivery time line slipped from 2 to 6 weeks, will called me on a sunday morning to let me know the build was complete, tested and would be shipping the following day.

reliability: 100% with wolf hollow-point and olympic m67 ball.

build quality: excellent.

finish: duracoat. looks nice but prone to chipping. contrary to the duracoat faq at lauerweaponry, which states duracoat is difficult to remove . . . carquest non-chlorinated brake cleaner IMMEDIATELY removes duracoat!

thank goodness i was only degreasing the bolt carrier!

http://208.42.80.2/~256952/ak/redstick-build.jpg

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:56:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have two builds from them that I just got back last week, a Bulgarian sidefolder and a Polish underfolder.  The lighting is a little dark in the photos, but here's the two.  The sidefolder actually has plum furniture/mag though it looks black in the photo.  I've also swapped the 74 brake for the Bulgarian flash hider that Veriforce has.

img206.imageshack.us/img206/6125/aks741s9cm.th.jpg

img206.imageshack.us/img206/8829/aks742s4dj.th.jpg

img206.imageshack.us/img206/4673/aks743s9jt.th.jpg

img206.imageshack.us/img206/8894/akms2s7ld.th.jpg

img474.imageshack.us/img474/9220/akms1s9jl.th.jpg

I am exceptionally pleased with the work, haven't had a chance to take them out yet though.  (damn my job!)  Will Hayden over at RJF is a great guy, it was very easy to get things set up and taken care of with him.  I have two SARs that I want cleaned up, and they will be definitely going his way after the holiday season!

RJF is a site sponsor over at Gunco, and they post frequently there.  Well-liked and respected by the board members.

Very nice rifles.  How much for each build if I may ask?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Guys those are nice looking AKs! I'm waiting for my Saiga from Will. 4 to 6 weeks has turned into 7 but it looks like it will be worth the waitMisc
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:11:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Will at Red Jacket id THE MAN. He's done 3 builds for me and is working on 2 more. Very good and honest communication, higly recommended....oh yeah pics

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for all the feedback, will is doing a build for me now as well.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:49:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Will was very good on customer relations and communication on my 2 builds. A Yugo UF and an AKS-74. In your communications explain what you are looking for concerning details important to you. He goes out of his way to make his customers satisfied. No wonder he stays busy. I`d use him again for another build when needed. J R...
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:26:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Will has put together 3 rifles for me.  1 M70 AB1, 1M70AB2, and a bulgy 74 side folder.  All three look great, shoot perfect.  Will's the man.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:07:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:44:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Let me clarify. . . . . . .I believe JOEKING had Red Jacket items for sale.  I in no way meant they were the same folks or anything of that nature.  I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top