Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/22/2005 11:43:02 AM EDT
Just got a Vector AMD-but it has no rear mount for a sling.  Any ideas?? Anybody have a Vector AMD with a rear sling mount?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:09:52 PM EDT
[#1]
The one I had built doesn't have one either.The original  just had a small slot cut into the receiver where two "ears" on the swivel are bent apart to hold it in place.I trying to find something to rig up myself.

Good Luck,let me know what you come up with.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:19:23 PM EDT
[#2]
When i built my kit it didnt come with the sling swivel, so i used a spare from an old stock i had in my bag of goodies, this is the template from Pookies site. It shows the proper location for the slot. What i did was take an old piece of hack saw blade, cut it to the proper size for the slot, put the piece of steel (saw blade) through the swivel bend it and form the loop by squeezing the two ends in a vise. The i slipped the steel into the receiver and spread the two ends apart. Its a snap to do and it looks authentic. Motorcityman

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:12:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks great!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:27:08 PM EDT
[#4]
What about those nylon slings that "Wrap Around" the stock?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I tried making my own but couldn't come up with a way to secure it to the folder.It just slid up and down.Duct-tape isn't a option either(at least not for me,I want it to look good)
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:24:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm keeping mine in my SUV for that  "suprise a thug" effect for the rare occasion that I am not able to whup ass on a low rider full of scumbags.  So a sling is not really mandatory.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:32:08 AM EDT
[#7]
i'm looking to have my AMD kit build by someone, i was wondering what you guys thought i should do to supply them with a sling mount and everything?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:29:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I tried making my own but couldn't come up with a way to secure it to the folder.It just slid up and down.Duct-tape isn't a option either(at least not for me,I want it to look good)

Waht about 90 mph tape? :P

I was thinking of something like this. Are these adjustable? (I need it for a hunting rifle whith buetiful wood.)
http://www.blackhawk.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=2780&d=
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:27:45 PM EDT
[#9]
My builds always include the sling mount on AMD 65 builds standard. Mario www.pieceofhistoryfirearms.com Nice looking rivets in that pic!hinking.gif
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top