Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 3:14:09 AM EDT
I have a:
MAK-90 slant cut receiver, butthole stock, plain muzzle.

I want to:

1) put an Ironwood furniture set on it   (3 US parts)

2)  thread the muzzle and add a US brake/fh (1 US part)

Question:

If I keep a magazine with US floorplate and follower with it, is my rifle now 922r compliant?

5 parts?
6 parts?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:31:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Yup...you'll need 6 parts with a muzzel attachment. You could also put in a US FCG to get your combinded 6 parts with the Ironwood furniture.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:37:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I got confused there, are you saying that if I add a US muzzle device, I now need 6 total US parts?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:45:47 AM EDT
[#3]
6 with a brake, FH (threaded  barrel) or 5 without. I would personally use the Ironwood stock set (3 parts) and a G2 FCG (3 parts).
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:52:59 AM EDT
[#4]
This list is a sticky in the build it yourself forum.

The 16 countable parts in a AK with a muzzle device.  No more than 10 of these parts may be imported.

(1) Receiver
(2) Barrel
(3) Trunnion
(4) Muzzle attachments
(5) Bolt
(6) Bolt carrier
(7) Gas piston
(8) Trigger
(9) Hammer
(10) Disconnecter
(11) Buttstock
(12) Pistol grip
(13) Forearm handguards
(14) Magazine body
(15) Follower
(16) Floorplate

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:57:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
6 with a brake, FH (threaded  barrel) or 5 without. I would personally use the Ironwood stock set (3 parts) and a G2 FCG (3 parts).

threaded or not doesn't matter, if there's any muzzle attachment you need a 6th compliance part.
you can have a threaded barrel with no brake, comp, muzzle nut, etc. and only need 5 US parts.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:07:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

threaded or not doesn't matter, if there's any muzzle attachment you need a 6th compliance part.
you can have a threaded barrel with no brake, comp, muzzle nut, etc. and only need 5 US parts.

Agreed.  If the barrel is threaded and there is NO muzzle attachment then there is no need to count 16 parts because it only has 15.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:11:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I got confused there, are you saying that if I add a US muzzle device, I now need 6 total US parts?

These guys got it wrong.

The Law is about DECREASING the # of FOREIGN PARTS!

Your rifle has a bare muzzle - you only need  5 US parts to be legal.
stock set is 3 and FCG is 3 - you would be cool +1 part

If you add foreign parts back in it gets confusing.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:21:48 AM EDT
[#8]
There is absolutely nothing confusing about the parts count.  The list of parts that I posted gives a reference of the parts that actually count, nothing at all confusing there.  It's all about no more than 10 foreign made parts.  To put it more simplistically, 5 US parts with bare muzzle and 6 US parts with muzzle attachment.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top