Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/17/2005 8:17:03 PM EDT
I saw several months ago a distributor that was selling what they called "battlefiele pick up AK's".

I dont remember who it was.

I saw a few of them at a gun show in dallas.

Basically they were kit builds on new American receivers, the recievers had the finish worn on them to match the wear on the kits.

I did not have the money to purchase one at the time. However, I would like to buy one know.

Where can these be found?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:29:41 PM EDT
[#1]
CenterfireSystems has the "battlefield pickup" Romanian kits on US receivers.  Used & abused AK
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:35:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for that. The ones I saw had a lot of wear on the finish.

I thought they looked really.

One of my favorite rifles was an sks I had years ago. I dont know how it got so worn, but it shot well and I never worried about damaging the finish.

Anyone have any experience with these Aks from Centerfire that they can share before I buy one?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:37:24 PM EDT
[#3]
tag for later.

how about the wood itself?  I've seen stuff with names and sayings (etc..) carved into a few.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:16:25 PM EDT
[#4]
IMHO, it seems a bit silly to pay extra money for an AK that has finish wear put on to it to look like a battlefield pickup.  Just buy a normal AK for $125 less like a WASR-10 and be rough with it.  It will look the same soon enough, and you can put an additional 1000 rounds through it with the money you save...
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:13:29 AM EDT
[#5]
...Or take a light abrasive like steel wool and work on the finish. The abrasive will work more on the corners and it will end up looking just like a gun that has seen a lot of wear and tear.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:09:32 AM EDT
[#6]
It seems to me that these guns are a little pricey considering that they have not been refinished. I would not pay more than $300 - $350 for these. You can probably get a completely refinished rifle for that price. Am I wrong?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:24:01 AM EDT
[#7]
it was arsenal usa. I dunno why Jimmy decided to do that. I normally like his guns, but I saw that as rather ridiculous. He put a worn and torn kit onto a receiver with NEW furniture...... ran the finish down(although funny enough the bore was in very good condition), and then asked $650 for it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:38:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I think it's like the guys on EBay who pay "new" prices for well used leather motorcycle jackets. That way they can become "instant" bikers.
The finish will wear soon enough as you enjoy the gun. I'd save your money and wear one in yourself. You'll have more fun and every little mark on it will be connected to a good memory for you!
That's how I feel after a motorcycle restoration anyway. I don't pamper them. Ride 'em! They'll get nicks and scratches, but each will bring back memories of a great trip.
I just wish I felt the same about the scars all over my own body. Not the same somehow.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:02:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I think it's like the guys on EBay who pay "new" prices for well used leather motorcycle jackets. That way they can become "instant" bikers.
The finish will wear soon enough as you enjoy the gun. I'd save your money and wear one in yourself. You'll have more fun and every little mark on it will be connected to a good memory for you!
That's how I feel after a motorcycle restoration anyway. I don't pamper them. Ride 'em! They'll get nicks and scratches, but each will bring back memories of a great trip.
I just wish I felt the same about the scars all over my own body. Not the same somehow.

I agree with you on that.

However, there is nothing wrong with purchasing a well worn item, kind of like purchasing antique furniture.

BTW, Chicks dig scars!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:36:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Hah! Not as ugly, fat and scarred up as I am!
Luckily for me, I married young before I lost my looks.
All I need now is an eye patch and a parrot and I'd pass for a pirate!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:45:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Here is a guy named Chris Horn who builds AK's. His guns look good. Might be priced a little high?
Copy and paste this to your address bar to go to his site.

http://www.ak-47.us/Horns_Custom_AK47_For_Sale.php

Romanian "Battlefield Pickup" AK-47

$450.00 - Payment Information
Click Here

Built by Chris Horn, Sold by Chris Horn
and Warranted by Chris Horn for LIFE!!

This rifle was assembled from a hand picked Romanian AK47 parts kit with matching serial numbers on a Ewbank receiver. Caliber 7.62x39 . The finished gun was then sandblasted then Hot salt blued to a uniform black finish which looks brand new. Made with a Tapco G 2 trigger group have a threaded barrel with a slant break and bayonet lug. These rifles accept hi-cap mags and drums and fit nice an tight, no rattles. This gun is new and unfired (except for passing the test firing).
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:56:17 PM EDT
[#12]
what are these people talking about? doubt the romanians were carring aks in a battle and if they were they would dropped once hahaha
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:01:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
what are these people talking about? doubt the romanians were carring aks in a battle and if they were they would dropped once hahaha

Quite the contrary.

The Romanians endured a civil war less than 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:05:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

lol...  My section and I ran a killhouse for a contingent of Romanian grunts when I was deployed last year.  I guarantee you wouldn't say something like that to their faces there "warrior"...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:45:47 AM EDT
[#15]
yeah yeah and you can say that to my face and you do not know me history proves that they are not warriors and that was really a civil war to endure i know the romanians well and i am from the balkans you can play them and their sorry akm copy up all you want their barrels warp on full auto nobody in bosnia wanted 1 and just cause you got one and played some simulated combat games with them it makes it so real hahahaha
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:59:44 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
yeah yeah and you can say that to my face and you do not know me history proves that they are not warriors and that was really a civil war to endure i know the romanians well and i am from the balkans you can play them and their sorry akm copy up all you want their barrels warp on full auto nobody in bosnia wanted 1 and just cause you got one and played some simulated combat games with them it makes it so real hahahaha

Do you not use periods to mark the end of a sentence in Serbian/Croatian?  

Also, please provide amplifying remarks about the barrels warping bit.  Did you ever witness that, or was barracks-lawyer urban legend type stuff? [russian accent]weight is a sign of reliability[russian accent]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:05:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Hmmm, Is that a pit fight I smell brewing?  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:13:58 AM EDT
[#18]
I have fired romanian AKs to destruction shooting rifle grenades and extended periods of full auto firing... I experienced SHC (Spontaneous Handguard Combustion).

The barrels did not bend.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#19]
I dont suppose we have one the those 'Bullshit Flag' smilies?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:51:01 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:52:45 AM EDT
[#21]
This is like the idiots who pay $50 for jeans that come pre-faded and with holes in them.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats the one!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I'm not a punctuation nazi,but thats one hell of a run on sentence!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:06:09 PM EDT
[#24]
O.K. This is my eperience with the Romanian AKM 3 guns after sustained fire had dramatic point of impact change and were not able to be serviced because no confidence in weapon. However; 20 TO 30 REMAINED ABLE TO BE ACCURATE. I will sat all guns functioned and shot as good as can be expected and I never said the barrels bent . But for me I Like the bulgar or ZASTA as they are more solid and if you get the chance set them side by side and you will see. All shoot the same; i would like to say that in america i see the ssr 85c-2 and it look good and have bulgar parts and barrel.Sorry about the way I puncuate hope this is better and I DID NOT WANT TO DEVIATE OFf THE ORIGINAL POST OR OFFEND ANYONE. I must add that i have my own opinions and stand corrected if wrong and try to speak from my experience but,hope ignorance will not prevail on the future.Please do research on their army during last 100 years and see what great warriors they were.hahaha when they went to russia
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:49:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Man, from a simple question about an individual selling simulated battlefield pick ups to this.

hinking.gif
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top