Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2005 2:30:52 PM EDT
I don't have any pics but i would like to know if anyone has built an AK with an extremely pitted gas tube? Did the rifle still function?

A new gas tube is not that easy since it is on a Tantal kit. A decent matching number  albeit well used kit. I have not had time to really get out the flashlight to check but on the first inspection the gas tube and gas block seem to look like the surface of the moon. I don't think any of the pits go all the way through.

So what say ye?  Build it or part it out?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#1]
build that bad boy
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:14:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd sand blast it, use some naval jelly on it and maybe fill in some of the deeper pits with JB weld.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:53:34 PM EDT
[#3]
You';; notice that even in a new one that the gas piston isn't exactly a precision fit.....I don't see where it would make any difference.....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top