Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 6:04:28 PM EDT
Thought you guys would like this, I'm sure a lot have done this, but I was surprised by the simplicity and low cost budget that this setup required.

1. A leupold scope base ($6)
2. Any type of scope rings ($10)
3. Tac Light (I chose a rubber coated Brinkman Light)
4. Dremel tool set (already had)

all from Wally world.

1. Drilled 2 small pilot holes through the round part of the lower handguard, first made sure the mount lined up parallel to the barrel.

2. Screw with a lot of force, the 2 longer screws that came with the scope mount to secure the base (both were not long enough to reach the barrel).

3. Install scope ring(s) and light, and you're done.  The base is pretty damn secure after complete installment.  

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:08:39 PM EDT
[#1]
good shit
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks good with your setup. The glare off the FSB and muzzle brake isn't a problem?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks good, I did it to a friends AK a while back.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:11:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Looks good, I did it to a friends AK a while back.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/currahee/PAK6A.jpg

Yeah we had a talk about it a while back, gave me the inspiration, and funny enough we chose the same scope rings as well.

about the glare, I'm not sure what you mean in what it could effect, I've tested it at night outside (will test more Friday night on some land), and inside the house, I can clearly see what I'm aiming at, I thought that was all that mattered, let me know more of what you mean.

-mark
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh ok, I just wondered if the light shining on the barrel and FSB affected your view in anyway.

Again, looks good.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:59:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow i used thouse same Rings too... i chose the Weaver Scope base but wish i would of gone with more of a 1913 rail base so i could adjust my light a bit more...

I did this setup for a one time night match that i had.. i could not bring myself to put holes in my K-Var stock for one night..*other friend of mine did though..*  i dont know but check your brinkman to see if it will take a SureFire endcap.. if so i would personally go and grab a Tac Star pressure switch and mount it where you can get to it naterally.. in a real sitsuation you dont want you light on unless your going to make out your target and blind him... remember with that light on you are now a Very visable target..

ETA: Pic

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:51:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I do plan on upgrading it to a surefire in the future.  This is temporary that I should have installed a while back.  Kind of freaked out right before Rita hit (I'm in Houston), and I had no tac lights on my AR or this AK, resorted to walking around with the rifle and holding a flashlight against the handguard.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:30:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Currahee, lol, not only same rings, but same light.

I see you gave yours some paint to match, nice.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:03:11 AM EDT
[#9]
great idea. thanks.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:09:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Very nice....I like.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:03:09 AM EDT
[#11]
That's exactly what I have been looking for.  Thanks for the info.  Great idea.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top