Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 5:53:05 PM EDT
I am curious if anybody can convince me I am wrong but these parts:  ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=315252 do not look like Onyks parts to me.  Please see:  www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=250741

They look like cut down Tantial parts with some other sight/gas block...

I just hate someone is describing it as an almost impossible to get item for $400 and then someone will buy and later discover it is not what they thought...  I hate to shit in someones post but man that is just wrong!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#1]
It isn't remotely onyx

other than it's a cut down front end.

Don't worry Quarterpounder......

Your still the only floater here with an onyx kit.....until I flush you....LOL

Pissed I couldn't come up with the dough on that GB auction.....
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Just rubbed me wrong as I was all over this for a buddy that wants to build one as well and had a Sold posted as well as an e-mail written when I finally let the whole image show up....  then I had to stuff my eyes back in my head after I saw the pics....

Hell, might as well describe it as an Vector UZI right?  

Had it been one...  I would have had that one too... just so you know!  I'll make sure I wear my personal floatation devise around here!

For those that missed the last thread on these:

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=95&t=78354
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:17:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw it after you posted the "i'll take it" , but figured you knew and wanted it anyway.

ETA: it looks like a cut tantal W/ a bulgy FSB and booster
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:50:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry to post here QuarterPounder....hee hee

But if I can get you to(if no-one else has begged you..lol) to keep me in mind if you sell this onyx kit, or built weapon later......

I WILL own all in the spectrum of Tantal, Onyx, and beryl.....even if rough, hand made.

TIA
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I really doubt I will sell her...

I am getting quite a Collection of Polish stuff anymore.

PMKMS - Stamped AKM Underfolder
PMKM - Stamped AKM Wood Stock
Tantal - Pretty Obvious
Onyks - Pretty Obvious but www.quarterbore.net/forums/showthread.php?t=631
PMK- Milled Wood Stock AK (really nice I might add)
PMK wz 66 - Something special www.quarterbore.net/forums/showthread.php?t=536

I want a Beryl or Beryl clone now as well as possibly a Polish MILLED Underfolder if I can find one...

I have quite a collection of misc other small Polish parts and accessories too so this little "QuarterPounder" might just be "Mr Big Mac" to you son!  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:18:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Thats a sweet ass little kit you got.Should make one hell of a lead spitter.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Its totally a cut down Tantal. Full size HGs , RSB accepts normal top cover, and the $80 k-var front/gas block. Viola, instant Onyx to those who don't know better. I saw it  and before the pics downloaded, was wondering where I would get a Krink/ Onyx top cover. Then I saw what it was.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:08:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:12:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I got word that it was an accident that he forgot to mention that it was Tantial and Bulgi parts and he updated the thread...  It is still a pretty slick setup for an 5.45 pistol or even a SBR....  Like I said before, it is too bad he didn't move it back to Krink Country and redrill the gas port as then it would have been a really good clone...

Just wanted to set the record straight as the parts are likely worth the cost he is asking...  I just felt like I was with a High School Cheerleader tease that got me all hot and bothered then said... don't touch me...
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:59:00 AM EDT
[#10]
There was a suspected fake Onyks kit posted on gunbroker.com a while back. There was a thread on Gunco.net about it too:

www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17295
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:05:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:38:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Yup...  thats my kit...  I promise to get pics up soon....  Work this time of the year is a bitch and a half for me as while I am still here on the forums I also can ot leave work and I have over 80-hrs in this week...

I got the kit and it is awsome...  so nice I packed up pu nice and put it away as I don't trust myself if I look at it too much to just take one of my old OOW receivers and start building...  I need to order a 1.0 Global with a serial number that matches the kit and then send Taxes to the BATFE before I build and I don't want to spend that money this time of the year...

Link to the kit on my forums is above in this thread...
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:18:06 PM EDT
[#13]
It says what it is "made" out of...........

This was made from excellent shape tantal with Bulgarian gas/sight combo plus bulgarian flash hider.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:31:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

This was made from excellent shape tantal with Bulgarian gas/sight combo plus bulgarian flash hider.

He edited that in all most 20 hours later.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:31:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Yup... and it also says "Last Edited :: 12/16/2005 12:01:17 PM EST by jungp" which was after this thread was started....  coincidence do you think?  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:34:31 PM EDT
[#16]
^^^^^^^^ HA! HA!  Beat you by one second!^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:51:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup... and it also says "Last Edited :: 12/16/2005 12:01:17 PM EST by jungp" which was after this thread was started....  coincidence do you think?  

Hmmmmmmmmm.....????
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top