Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 9:13:48 AM EDT
Got this old veteran magazine pouch yesterday, wondering if anyone could make out what it says, especially the ink inside the flap. Thanks!

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:19:16 AM EDT
[#1]
It says; "If Found,send to JOHNO"
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:22:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I will have my wife translate when she gets back in a couple hours.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#3]
The front says:

Last Name:…
Title:… (as in title or position held within a company). The ink says "security guard".

The ink inside the flap doesn’t make sense – I can make out or guess some of the words, but not the entire phrase. HTH.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:02:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Aleko.

Any luck w/ your wife Stottman? The translation, that is!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:33:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you tried "Tomovich" he does translations I think.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:02:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Have you tried "Tomovich" he does translations I think.

Ill give him a buzz. Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:01:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Best I can make of it is:  Asan Kumana from Razgrat from Kvartal (Sch?) K Orel.  My translators(wife and daughter) are sleeping so this is the best I can come up with. "Ot" can be translated several ways. Can mean "from" or "of". Tomovich probably has a better handle on this than I do.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:57:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Top-  Rank, last name, section/unit. Last word is misspelled.

bottom-

Guys name (wife says its Eastern, like Chechnya)

other stuff doesnt really make any sense...

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:01:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Others already have the name right and the basic gist of it correct. Remember, Bulgarian, while in Cyrillic, is not Russian. That word "Kvartan"?? Might be a derivative of the word Kvartiri (apartment) so maybe like 'Unit', or 'division' or 'squad' or something like that. And name is definitely "Arabic" in nature, like Chechin, Georgian, maybe Azerbijani??? Turkmenistan?? You get the drift...........

Sorry can't do more than that................
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:03:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Got this old veteran magazine pouch yesterday, wondering if anyone could make out what it says, especially the ink inside the flap. Thanks!

www.gunco.net/gallery/data/500/medium/DSCF4247.JPG
www.gunco.net/gallery/data/500/medium/DSCF4255.JPG

The bottom one looks like an address, the last line means "Orel", the name of a City.  I believe , my cyrillic is quite rusty

EDIT:

On closer scrutiny, I thought I saw numbers but I don't think they are. The last word still looks like Orel to me, but the rest is not clear enough. Sorry
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:56:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks guys, I appreciate you all giving it a shot.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:31:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Stottman said: "wife says its Eastern, like Chechnya"

Dude, Chechnya...and the Kavkaz are down south... not east. :)
But, I know the Russians lump them all into Vostochni Natsionalnosti...
or Eastern Nationalities...

Y-
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top