Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/14/2005 4:29:47 PM EDT
Do these require a sleeve for the pins to fit?

I see on Midwest Armory that they are shown that way while the 2 I have in MAKs just fit right on.

Sorry if the question has been asked before but help me out here.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:34:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one of the earlier G2s as well that did not use the sleeve. Its pretty obvious due to the diameter differences of the holes and pin if the sleeve is needed. There would be a lot of "play" if it were needed. If yours is a snug fit without, you're fine.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#2]
So what kind of AK would require the sleeve?

I have a bunch of AKs and the pins/holes all look the same to me.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#3]
It has nothing to do with which AK. The sleeve is used to hold the trigger/spring/disconnector together for easier assembly. Stick the trigger pin though the trigger hole and the disconnector hole. Tight fit = no sleeve needed. Wobble = sleeve needed.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:30:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It has nothing to do with which AK. The sleeve is used to hold the trigger/spring/disconnector together for easier assembly. Stick the trigger pin though the trigger hole and the disconnector hole. Tight fit = no sleeve needed. Wobble = sleeve needed.

Okay, cool. It's a "slave pin".
Already got a couple. Thanks much JoeBud.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a newer Tapco FCG. The sleeve is needed as the FCG is too loose without it. I would have preferred Tapco not made them this way and kept it the same as the old Gordon Tech FCG.  A real slave pin would have been better than the current sleeve design.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have a newer Tapco FCG. The sleeve is needed as the FCG is too loose without it. I would have preferred Tapco not made them this way and kept it the same as the old Gordon Tech FCG.  A real slave pin would have been better than the current sleeve design.

So why did they do that?
Just flat out stupid?

Trust TAPCO to screw up another product. Seriously. Just about everything they have made, or had made for them, that I have bought has been junk. Good deals on products they get from overseas, mags, etc but damn.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:36:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top