Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/13/2005 7:42:22 PM EDT
I went down and took another look.

I saw a nice AK47 underfolder.  Nice finish.  Tight fit on the stock.

It was made by ITM Arms Co.  The receiver was made by(according to the shop) Wiselite.

The Receiver was marked ITM Arms Co. Made in Cleveland Ohio.

$699.95  seems a little on the high side.

Anybody have any input on this rifle?  I'd like to buy it however I don't have any experience with AKs.  Comes with one 30rd mag.  Can I just use any magazine and drum for it?

Thanks for your time.

Arbiter
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:21:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok.  I went down there and picked up my AK tuesday.

I got the rifle, the mags that you see in the pictures, and 750rds of Russian ammo.

I like the looks of it.  I want to put a sound suppressor on it now.  Maybe a rail system from TDI with a Tri-Power scope.

Anyways I just thought I'd share.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:52:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Holy big photos Batman

Sorry about the size.  I'm going to look around for some better software than what came with my camera.

Fixed
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:32:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice looking rifle.

The finish looks good.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:34:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Nice looking rifle.

The finish looks good.

Yep, a much better finish then what Vector does.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:03:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Dude, that thing is perfect just like it is.

Don't pimp it out.  Please.  For the children.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:10:08 PM EDT
[#7]
What's up with the concentric rings around the pin holes? Is that just oil or is it the finish?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:16:12 PM EDT
[#8]
You need to buy some mags!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:22:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Here are some technicalities to ponder....

On an AK you are required to have no more than 10 foreign parts...I can;t see any US parts on that other than the receiver, and I would assume it has A g2 trigger. The slant brake and the gas piston might have also been swapped. I am guessing that you got it with a mag that has a US floorplate or follower....

This means that technically, depending on your take, you need to have that mag in the gun to be "compliant"

JMHO
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:27:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

At the very least I have to put a Sound Suppressor on the thing.  And maybe a SAW pistol grip.  Anything else would be Gucci BS
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:57:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

At the very least I have to put a Sound Suppressor on the thing.  And maybe a SAW pistol grip.  Anything else would be Gucci BS

I agree with eodinert,

If you want to fag it all out...you should have picked up a Romi...
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:11:47 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Here are some technicalities to ponder....

On an AK you are required to have no more than 10 foreign parts...I can;t see any US parts on that other than the receiver, and I would assume it has A g2 trigger. The slant brake and the gas piston might have also been swapped. I am guessing that you got it with a mag that has a US floorplate or follower....

This means that technically, depending on your take, you need to have that mag in the gun to be "compliant"

JMHO

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top