Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2005 8:12:24 AM EDT
I have been slowly re-working this Saiga for about the past year. I had an EG folder on it, but I decided to step up to the Ace folder. I went with the shortest version. The craftmanship is awsome. I really like the look and feel of the stock. My only complaint is that from the extended position to fold it is very tight. Once you get it pushed down to release it is easy, but releasing is a bitch. It will hopefully loosen with a few hundred rounds.

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:38:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice.  Will the bolt move fully with the stock closed?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:40:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

uh oh...
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:55:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

uh oh...

lol
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:58:15 AM EDT
[#4]

flip adapter to fold other way?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:09:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey h8mtv, can you do me a favor???????

can you post a pic of that AK you have up there in your post with a AR ribbed stock fully extended.......

I am trying to get a good measurement of the stock and order the correct one for me, you know......

measure twice, buy once..........kinda thing haveI dont want it to be too short and have my face on the top cover. those M92 Yugo krinks have their
rear sights half way down the middle of their dust covers/top covers, I dont want my face too close to it.

Ooohh............BTW..............what size is that one?

super short

short

long

?

basically I need to see the length of pull compared to a fully extended AR, it will help me in my purchase, thank you if you can do it for me.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:45:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey h8mtv, can you do me a favor???????

can you post a pic of that AK you have up there in your post with a AR ribbed stock fully extended.......

I am trying to get a good measurement of the stock and order the correct one for me, you know......

measure twice, buy once..........kinda thing

I have a M92 Krink I need to buy a stock for and cant seem to find the right size ACE LTD. stock for it.
I dont want it to be too short and have my face on the top cover. those M92 Yugo krinks have their
rear sights half way down the middle of their dust covers/top covers, I dont want my face too close to it.

Ooohh............BTW..............what size is that one?

super short

short

long

?

basically I need to see the length of pull compared to a fully extended AR, it will help me in my purchase, thank you if you can do it for me.

I can see what I can do tomarrow. This one is a super short.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:48:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The Ace stock adjusts up and down. I can drop it down lower if I'd like. I plan to use optics on a mount. Despite being a low mount it still provides the best cheek weld with stock fully raised. I do not plan to shoot with stock folded so I am not concerned.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:49:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Thats a Saiga? Awesome!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I've thought about doing this to my Arsenal, very tempting.

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I too have been oogling the Ace folder....

When I have more money...

Looks good though!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:48:06 AM EDT
[#11]
rougue007, here is the pic requested:

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:54:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#13]
does anyone happen to know if using one of the ace universal adapter blocks, the ones that dont require u to cut the tang, in combination with one of those super short stocks will equal the length of the warsaw pact stocks?  i like the length of the commie fixed stock but i also like the folding ability, i however do not want to modify my reciever just yet so one of these adapters looks like the way to go, im just curious as to weather or not the combination of the adapter and super short stock will add any length in comparison to the commie standard length stock
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:50:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Sweet I like it, How'd you cut the Tang ?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:13:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

The "tang" that extends from the rear trunion that helps hold the stock on is cut off flush.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:03:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The "tang" that extends from the rear trunion that helps hold the stock on is cut off flush.

Yeah I know that but, What did you use to cut it off ???
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:11:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah I know that but, What did you use to cut it off ???

I don't have an ACE yet, but I'm working on a pistol build, and I cut the tang of my rear trunnion. I just used a hacksaw to chop the majority off and then Dremeled the rest down flat.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:50:14 PM EDT
[#18]
thanx h8mtv

with the stock measured with a ruler on my screen and moved it looks like the position will be the first
position after fully colapsed on the M4 stock.

that helps out much for my purchase, I am going to order the short stock.

thanx h8mtv, you just help me save money and lots of time.............

I owe you a beer, or 5 or 6
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:02:29 AM EDT
[#19]
No problem bro.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top