does such an animal exist as there is one in t he video game Socom 3
its pretty badass and sounds real weird
any thoughts
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 5:04:05 PM EDT
[#1]
It's not an AK, it's an AN 94.

Link Posted: 11/28/2005 5:11:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm curious to see how much the accuracy improved with the recoiling barrel. Two shots before the shooter ever feels the recoil of the rounds, Or thats what I thought the Small Arms Historianfor Janes Weapons  said on the History Channel said when they devoted an episode to Russian small arms.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 5:12:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#4]
No1Here says need I say more.  That's a bad picture.  i want to fire one of those sooooo bad.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 5:53:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No1Here says need I say more.  That's a bad picture.  i want to fire one of those sooooo bad.[/quote]
I would too, I do have more pics of the AN-94. Anyone interested?
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#6]
sure more pics
its a truly interesting weapon
2 rounds fired at a high rate then the rest at slow rate
2 bullets one hole
damn thats just hot
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 5:58:04 PM EDT
[#7]
find videos please
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 6:21:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Here's a short video club.guns.ru/images/video/an94.rm
A better video here media.putfile.com/AN-94
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 6:27:38 PM EDT
[#9]
yea, that thing on the front looks like a freakin' foreskin.  Yuck.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 8:31:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh wow.. That rear sight is SEXY..
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#11]
i think that if they combine that crazy 2 round burst with an M4
then woo hoo
it would be real nice
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:10:47 PM EDT
[#12]
that grenade launcher looks like the same one
zarqawi (sp) has in all his al quaeda music videos
i also just got the 7.62 bullpup which is a fun weapon also in the game
Im now admiral rated
and wow all that work to earn a fwd vertical grip
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:53:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I like the looks of that. That's 7.62X39? Is that in service anywhere?    
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:57:48 PM EDT
[#14]
It's ugly as hell but I want one.  Two shots in one hole at 100 yards is not uncommon. It's 5.45x39 and they will probably be making some in .223 eventually. Last I heard it was just special forces who were getting them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:07:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Found the link for more info:

world.guns.ru/assault/as08-e.htm

Also, I've got a question. When are the Russians going to get away from the crappy AK pistol grip? Do they really like it that much or is it a money saving feature by taking them off old AKs?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#16]

i also just got the 7.62 bullpup which is a fun weapon also in the game
Im now admiral rated
and wow all that work to earn a fwd vertical grip

Im just a butterstick, but the first game of every round i pick up an STG or an IW from a dead guy, stay alive and im good to go for the rest of the game
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:51:37 AM EDT
[#17]
IMO, the AN94 is one of the best weapons in the world. Recoil is neglible to non-existant, especially in FA fire. The two round burst feature is truly impressive. Two rounds right on top of each other with one recoil impulse. Rapid semi auto fire is extremely accurate and effective. You can literally shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger and maintain acceptible to excellent accuracy. Accuracy is also quite impressive, its more accurate than the ammo it shoots. It is, however, somewhat complex....especially for the Russians, who need maximum simplicity with thier conscript army. Its reliable, but lacks the durability of the AK74M and the AK 100's. For a consumate professional, its an excellent choice as this soldier can appreciate the weapon and properly maintain/care for it. The Russians would like to adopt it officially, knowing that any issues would be sorted out during major development, but the money just isn't there, especially when the AK works, and quite well. Every time the AN94 changes, it gets better and better and more

reliable/durable. Its currently being used by Russian special forces, like Spetsnatz and the MVD.
The aforementione use all kinds of wild weapons which would certainly be of interest to AK enthusiasts. During my evaluation, I noticed no failures of any kind and the weapon performed flawlessly after magazine dump upon magazine dump. 2k of 5.45 service ammo was fired by the staff and ourselves without any cleaning of any type. This is a truly impressive weapon with a potentially bright future if its given half a chance. It would be probably 2 or 3 on my list of the best AW's in the world. This kind of accuracy/FA controllability with the lethality of 5.45 ammo is a formidlble package.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:21:04 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
IMO, the AN94 is one of the best weapons in the world. Recoil is neglible to non-existant, especially in FA fire. The two round burst feature is truly impressive. Two rounds right on top of each other with one recoil impulse. Rapid semi auto fire is extremely accurate and effective. You can literally shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger and maintain acceptible to excellent accuracy. Accuracy is also quite impressive, its more accurate than the ammo it shoots. It is, however, somewhat complex....especially for the Russians, who need maximum simplicity with thier conscript army. Its reliable, but lacks the durability of the AK74M and the AK 100's. For a consumate professional, its an excellent choice as this soldier can appreciate the weapon and properly maintain/care for it. The Russians would like to adopt it officially, knowing that any issues would be sorted out during major development, but the money just isn't there, especially when the AK works, and quite well. Every time the AN94 changes, it gets better and better and more

reliable/durable. Its currently being used by Russian special forces, like Spetsnatz and the MVD.
The aforementione use all kinds of wild weapons which would certainly be of interest to AK enthusiasts. During my evaluation, I noticed no failures of any kind and the weapon performed flawlessly after magazine dump upon magazine dump. 2k of 5.45 service ammo was fired by the staff and ourselves without any cleaning of any type. This is a truly impressive weapon with a potentially bright future if its given half a chance. It would be probably 2 or 3 on my list of the best AW's in the world. This kind of accuracy/FA controllability with the lethality of 5.45 ammo is a formidlble package.

That must be from a Kokalis or Fortier article in SGN.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:41:37 AM EDT
[#19]
I hate to say it, but what motivates people to make claims like that?
Have you been carrying and using the weapon for years? Are you a certified armorer for the Russian Army? Are there alot of AN-94s floating around in Nebraska?

I guess I sound a bit vicious, but it's such an uncommon weapon even in Russia (never seen it on the news) how can you make those claims? I heard the guy on the History Channel say it is the best infantry weapon in service today, but I wouldn't praise it unless I had alot of experience with it.

Or course, if you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, I'll buy it
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#20]
it will never be issued to concripts, it is way to damn complicated.....it is not soldier proof at all
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:09:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:17:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Accuracy is also quite impressive, its more accurate than the ammo it shoots.

WTF? How can it be more accurate than the ammo it shoots?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:26:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Maybe, it means has more accuracy potential than the lower quality in service?  Awkward wording, nonetheless.

(Tag.)
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:18:20 AM EDT
[#24]
I had the oppertunity to shoot/examine the AN94 while visiting Russia with some colleagues to contribute to some Russian small-arms projects. This is a program in which Russian/American small-arms evaluators/engineers collaberate and offer expertise/advice/opinions. Alot of communication is done by PDF, email and telephone and these trips are a chance for people to meet face to face. Our Russian counterparts are coming to America in July of 2006. During our trip to Russia, we had access to many Russian small arms, including the AN94 and other guns which are "classified", or atleast protected. We got a chance to sample many new Russian small arms, including the AN94, which along with a certain sub-gun*which cannot be named* was a standout. Its extremely impressive and everyone who shoots it becomes a "believer". 2 rounds can be fired nearly simultaneously with one recoil impulse. The implications of this are pretty radical. When I say its more accurate than the round it shoots, I mean just that. The gun is capable of greater accuracy than the current Soviet 5.45x39 service round. A M16A4 is more accurate than the M855 that it shoots. Sadly, there isn't such a beast as "match" 5.45x39 so its

true accuracy potential is as yet unknown...atleast in my circles. To think that you could know all the people who shot the AN94 proves how ignorant you are. Can you name every person who ever shot an AK100 or SVD? No, you cant....Access to testing weapons is granted by the procter/commander and access to testing weapons is obviously conrolled, but not necessarily restricted. If you have a reason to shoot an AN94, then you will likely be able to do so. To think only journalists who write for gun-rags are the only Americans who have experience with the AN94 again, proves ignorance. You are really selling your govt. short. Its the intellegence services business to know what our "enemies" are using. There are AN94's in America, as well as improvised/improved/modified domestic designs based on the AN94. Sadly, I don't think there are any in Nebraska....I wouldn't know though, I don't spend any time there. Do you have to be a Romainian armorer/soldier to say that your WASR has trigger slap? Go back to watching Mail Call, trout. AN94's are in service with the Russian govt, so they aren't exactly rare. An accurate

comparison would be to align them with the Mk11 or Mk12 rifles used by our special forces. Rare doesn't necessarily describe them, but they arent widely issued because average soldiers don't have the necessity/training for such weapons and thus they are only issued to qualified troops. Russia would like to issue more AN94's, but they can't afford to. Right now, there are more AN94's than Russian can afford to buy and thus they bought what they could and issued them to the most qualified troos like the MVD. They had thier baptism by fire in Checnya with Russian special forces and results were mixed. It seems it lacks, or lacked the combat durability of the AK-74. I am motivated to claim the superiority of the AN94, not because I saw it on the History channel or read it in a gun-rag, but becaue I have experienced it. Shooting the AN94 will make a beliver out of anyone....Man, I really hate the culture here. There seems to be a larger concentration or morons here than anywhere on the internet. If you doubt my experiences,

well....good ahead. All I can say, is Fuck You. I can say with experience and conviction, Russian is a shit hole with some of the best looking women in the world and the home of some great guns. Why any of you would challenge me, I have no idea.....proving someone wrong on the internet isnt going to make your dick any bigger, your gf any prettier or your mom's basement any less pathetic. Some of you dick heads make all of us gun owners, and people who work in the industry look as moronic as you. If you don't have anything constructive to post, don't waste the calories it takes to move your fingers. Challenging my assertions adds nothing to the thread. Notice how most of you only challenged me after someone else did first....fucking sheep. I added me unique

experiences to help answer the questions which were raised and share my priveledged oppertunity to shoot this weapon, as well as some others. If you don't find my opinion valuable/credible....move along. All you have done by challenging me is waste both of our times and pervert this thread from something valuable. If you don't have anything constructive to add to a post, go back to downloading pictures of Lindsay Lohan or putting lotion in the basket.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:15:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I had the oppertunity to shoot/examine the AN94 while visiting Russia with some colleagues to contribute to some Russian small-arms projects. This is a program in which Russian/American small-arms evaluators/engineers collaberate and offer expertise/advice/opinions. Alot of communication is done by PDF, email and telephone and these trips are a chance for people to meet face to face. Our Russian counterparts are coming to America in July of 2006. During our trip to Russia, we had access to many Russian small arms, including the AN94 and other guns which are "classified", or atleast protected. We got a chance to sample many new Russian small arms, including the AN94, which along with a certain sub-gun*which cannot be named* was a standout. Its extremely impressive and everyone who shoots it becomes a "believer". 2 rounds can be fired nearly simultaneously with one recoil impulse. The implications of this are pretty radical. When I say its more accurate than the round it shoots, I mean just that. The gun is capable of greater accuracy than the current Soviet 5.45x39 service round. A M16A4 is more accurate than the M855 that it shoots. Sadly, there isn't such a beast as "match" 5.45x39 so its

true accuracy potential is as yet unknown...atleast in my circles. To think that you could know all the people who shot the AN94 proves how ignorant you are. Can you name every person who ever shot an AK100 or SVD? No, you cant....Access to testing weapons is granted by the procter/commander and access to testing weapons is obviously conrolled, but not necessarily restricted. If you have a reason to shoot an AN94, then you will likely be able to do so. To think only journalists who write for gun-rags are the only Americans who have experience with the AN94 again, proves ignorance. You are really selling your govt. short. Its the intellegence services business to know what our "enemies" are using. There are AN94's in America, as well as improvised/improved/modified domestic designs based on the AN94. Sadly, I don't think there are any in Nebraska....I wouldn't know though, I don't spend any time there. Do you have to be a Romainian armorer/soldier to say that your WASR has trigger slap? Go back to watching Mail Call, trout. AN94's are in service with the Russian govt, so they aren't exactly rare. An accurate

comparison would be to align them with the Mk11 or Mk12 rifles used by our special forces. Rare doesn't necessarily describe them, but they arent widely issued because average soldiers don't have the necessity/training for such weapons and thus they are only issued to qualified troops. Russia would like to issue more AN94's, but they can't afford to. Right now, there are more AN94's than Russian can afford to buy and thus they bought what they could and issued them to the most qualified troos like the MVD. They had thier baptism by fire in Checnya with Russian special forces and results were mixed. It seems it lacks, or lacked the combat durability of the AK-74. I am motivated to claim the superiority of the AN94, not because I saw it on the History channel or read it in a gun-rag, but becaue I have experienced it. Shooting the AN94 will make a beliver out of anyone....Man, I really hate the culture here. There seems to be a larger concentration or morons here than anywhere on the internet. If you doubt my experiences,

well....good ahead. All I can say, is Fuck You. I can say with experience and conviction, Russian is a shit hole with some of the best looking women in the world and the home of some great guns. Why any of you would challenge me, I have no idea.....proving someone wrong on the internet isnt going to make your dick any bigger, your gf any prettier or your mom's basement any less pathetic. Some of you dick heads make all of us gun owners, and people who work in the industry look as moronic as you. If you don't have anything constructive to post, don't waste the calories it takes to move your fingers. Challenging my assertions adds nothing to the thread. Notice how most of you only challenged me after someone else did first....fucking sheep. I added me unique

experiences to help answer the questions which were raised and share my priveledged oppertunity to shoot this weapon, as well as some others. If you don't find my opinion valuable/credible....move along. All you have done by challenging me is waste both of our times and pervert this thread from something valuable. If you don't have anything constructive to add to a post, go back to downloading pictures of Lindsay Lohan or putting lotion in the basket.

Wow, if this is genuine, and I have no reason to believe otherwise, I think one hell of a bitch slap was just delivered by Ryno.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:45:46 AM EDT
[#26]
blah blah blah, blah blah blah

the less you actually know the more you boast about your knowledge
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:05:22 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I think the initial skeptisism was because you did not state your background or how you came to your conclusions. I think, and as you well know and stated above there are alot of people wandering about who think they know all there is to know about a certain weapon because they read an article in SoF , use it every night playing CounterStrike , and have the Airsoft version. I, like you absolutely hate those people and they get on my last nerve. However since those people are FAR more prevelent  on the Internet then someone how actually knows what they are talking about you can see where people might question you without any knowlege of your background.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:57:43 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
When I say its more accurate than the round it shoots, I mean just that. The gun is capable of greater accuracy than the current Soviet 5.45x39 service round. A M16A4 is more accurate than the M855 that it shoots. Sadly, there isn't such a beast as "match" 5.45x39 .

Any firearm is potentially more accurate with match ammo.

ETA when you make claims about your experience with a rare weapon like the AN94, it might help to explain your background FIRST.  Now you just sound like an ass.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:34:21 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Found the link for more info:

world.guns.ru/assault/as08-e.htm

Also, I've got a question. When are the Russians going to get away from the crappy AK pistol grip? Do they really like it that much or is it a money saving feature by taking them off old AKs?

I think if there was wide dissatisfaction with the grip it wouldn't be in use.  If you've gone from AR grips (especially uber-tactical ones) to an AK grip, I can see why you wouldn't like it, I feel the same way about it, but I've gotten used to it.

-mark
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:34:56 AM EDT
[#30]
ETA when you make claims about your experience with a rare weapon like the AN94, it might help to explain your background FIRST. Now you just sound like an ass.

Agreed, and what sic_ness said is his honest opinion (which I also agree with), hardly worth the retort you threw at him, using the tired old "living in your moms basement" line.  You had some valid points, but throwing out vulgarities and throwing in dick size really doesnt help your credibility.  But hey, this is the internet, so by all means talk shit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:42:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Man, I wish someone would lock this witch hunt bitch session.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:47:13 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Man, I wish someone would lock this witch hunt bitch session.

Or, you could just stop reading it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#33]
I was only trying to help further the discussion....If I sound like an Ass for not describing my backgroudn, so be it. I am involved in some sensitive work and for privacy's sake, I prefer not to divulge too much about my personal life. An honest opinion by an Air Softer, with a small dick who lives in his mom's basement, how ever tired those slurs may be*or true*, still can be interpreted as offensive. Who are any of you to challenge my expertise and my experience unless you actually know me...and I assure you, not a single one of you do. Its this garbage that gets threads locked and makes knowledgible people elect not to post or move onto friendly pastures. If you don't have anything constructive to add to a post, move on. All any of you who challenged my knowledge did was take away from the discussion and more likely than not deter others who actually had first hand knowledge and insight. No wonder my colleagues say they wouldn't be caught dead posting here. Any person with experience in the industry doesn't need to be challenged by "couch

commando's" whose real world weapon experience is limited to Mini 14's, WASRs and AR15s.
Lock this thread.....insecure, basement dwelling, chronic-masturbators have ruined it for all of us. If you don't have anything constructive to add, go back to Match.com and maybe you can find the fat chick of your dreams. Again, if not wanted to reveal my identity or backgroundv on the world wide web so I can post in annonynimity makes me an Ass, well....then buy your criteria, I am an ass. Be constructive or don't be anything at all....there are better avenues to prove cock-size and worth of a man than ARFCOM AK related discussions. What a small victory to possibly prove another wrong, especially on the internet. For shame.....
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:04:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Well, Since your soooooo much better than all of us "couch commandos" and so much smarter cause you work for the cia, fbi, Bob Nardellis personal security, and areMikhail Kalashnikoivs nephew. You probably gonna bash me for this post. But if you would have stated in the post. "From my experiences" Or "On a business trip to russia I got to shoot an an 94 and this is what I found" You would have accomplished 2 things, Giving dredibility and not devulging that your a goat raper, I mean issue special orders for United States Special Operations Command. Now that you have devulged that you have a fascination with other mans genetalia by mentioning it in more than 1 post. So lets hear what qualifies you over us to be the judge of everyone else. Nobodys perfect you douche, not even you.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:05:49 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I was only trying to help further the discussion....If I sound like an Ass for not describing my backgroudn, so be it. I am involved in some sensitive work and for privacy's sake, I prefer not to divulge too much about my personal life. An honest opinion by an Air Softer, with a small dick who lives in his mom's basement, how ever tired those slurs may be*or true*, still can be interpreted as offensive. Who are any of you to challenge my expertise and my experience unless you actually know me...and I assure you, not a single one of you do. Its this garbage that gets threads locked and makes knowledgible people elect not to post or move onto friendly pastures. If you don't have anything constructive to add to a post, move on. All any of you who challenged my knowledge did was take away from the discussion and more likely than not deter others who actually had first hand knowledge and insight. No wonder my colleagues say they wouldn't be caught dead posting here. Any person with experience in the industry doesn't need to be challenged by "couch

commando's" whose real world weapon experience is limited to Mini 14's, WASRs and AR15s.
Lock this thread.....insecure, basement dwelling, chronic-masturbators have ruined it for all of us. If you don't have anything constructive to add, go back to Match.com and maybe you can find the fat chick of your dreams. Again, if not wanted to reveal my identity or backgroundv on the world wide web so I can post in annonynimity makes me an Ass, well....then buy your criteria, I am an ass. Be constructive or don't be anything at all....there are better avenues to prove cock-size and worth of a man than ARFCOM AK related discussions. What a small victory to possibly prove another wrong, especially on the internet. For shame.....

Ok, after that I'm convinced you're a troll.  Since you work for some super-secret ninja government organization that has intimate knowledge of state of the art foreign weaponry, maybe you should just stop posting here at Arfcom. You could have established some credibility here, but instead when someone questions your credentials you lash out with a bunch of sophomoric insults. I doubt very seriously you could function in ANY professional environment.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:09:53 AM EDT
[#36]
It's always the users you've never heard of, and are non-team members, with only a  few posts that seem to make the extravegant claims (although I didn't disbelieve your original post), or that lash out at such claims.  Notice none of us called you on anything, or questioned your original post until whatever his name was said it was suspect.  You should of addressed only him, not everyone on this thread or board, which you later seemed to indicate.  There are some strange no-namers on here who continue to incite arguments for no apparent reason.  

Just my thought.

It was an interesting post none the less, and very informative.  Thanks for the input.

Lets get back to the original topic.

-mark
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:10:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Have you ever heard of a "paragraph"?  Here is a hint: they don’t start in the middle of a goddamn sentence.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:59:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top