Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/13/2005 6:27:22 PM EDT
Is there any negitives in having a Bulgarian Krinkov in 5.56??

I have about one more month to decide on what cartridge I want it in!!

5.45 or 5.56??????

HELP Me........, can't decide....., I think my heads gonna' explode!!!!

Is it my imagination....,  or does it seem like there is less & less 5.45 ammo avalible lately
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:35:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd go with a 5.45mm Krinkov. Aimsurplus' ad for Silver Bear 5.45mm disappeared.
I don't know of anyone who has 5.45mm FMJ in stock. There seems to be HP and SP around.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:57:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Personally, I want a Bulgarian 5.56 Krink on a milled receiver.  I get the feeling it'll never happen, though.  I haven't seen an ad for a 5.56 Krink kit for months.  So, I'm settling for an AK-102 clone.  I've got the front end, and I'm supposed to pick up the receiver from Firing Line in a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:08:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I always understood 5.56 to be ill-suited for short barrel lengths.  Furthermore why not 7.62?  

Is their really a 5.45 shortage right now??
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:56:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know if there is a shortage of 5.45....,  but it seems that places like Dan's Ammo & Sportsman's Guide...., who have pretty much always had Barnaul in the past have been out for a while now!!

I hope theres no shortage......, I've got three hungry 5.45's that get that get pretty damn lonely if they aren't fed on a regular basis  !!!
Muffing should be an olympic sport!!

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top