Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/13/2005 2:50:45 PM EDT
I was looking for a Bulgarian Krinkov in 7.62X39 and ordered one from ORF yesterday. The only problem is that it will be ready in Feb 06. So I thought to tied me over I would get a Romak 3 7.62X54. (I'm guessing thats the 7.62X54R)

Anyone here have one that wouldn't mind giving me thier opinion on it?

1)Whats the quality of the Romak?
2)Are mags expensive or hard to find? WHat about the ammo?
3)How do they shoot and function?
4)Are they pretty accurate?

I would like to hear pros and cons to this rifle.

I was looking at one from Atlantic Firearms for $789.00. Is this a reasonable price or does anyone know of a place that sells them cheaper?
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 3:00:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I think that price is a little steep.  I picked mine up NIB at a gunshow for $700.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 3:10:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think that price is a little steep.  I picked mine up NIB at a gunshow for $700.

So what do you think about your rifle??
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 4:24:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I built mine.  I like it, nothing but a giant AK.  fit and finish is AK.  I bought an 8x scope, I wanted/wish I had the 6x.  fairly accurate, i'm shooting around 1 1/2" groups at 100 yds.  need to get it dialed in with the correct ammo though, i think that is the problem.  seems the silver tips shoot better, but i was wanting to shoot FMJ in mine.  big heavy rifle but fun.  i bough tth e4 mag pouch from CFS when they had them for $99...
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 4:27:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I got mine for six-something through a local dealer. It's like the SAR and WASR in terms of apperance - quite crude. It's extremely accurate though.

The mags are very expensive, but this isn't an assault rifle like the AK, it's a marksman's weapon and you really don't need a gazillion mags.

Ammo is just about the cheapest around if you buy surplus. Stick with the 147 grain 'light ball' stuff. Czech and Polish silver tip are very easy to find. The problem with surplus is that it's corrosive, and athough I feed my bolt guns nothing but corrosive ammo, they're easy to clean and it dosen't effect them. Unless you want to completely tear down the gun after every trip to the range and clean every nook and cranny exposed to the primer salts, it will rust.

Wolf makes new 148 grain ammo that works beautifully and Pvri Partizan makes a 150 grain load. They're more expensive, but their not corrosive.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 4:35:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I tried three different ammo types today in my Russian Tigr,S&B 180 gr,Polish light ball and Albanian brass case 147 gr?.I had my best result with the Albanian.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top