Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2005 8:41:18 PM EDT
Does anybody have a Krinkove dust cover on the AK-47 or 74?  it seems like it would lengthen the sight radius a little.

What does the sight picture look like when looking through the Krinkov sights?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy crap. I never thought to try that. I have a krinky sitting there just waiting ... I'll check it out and let you know.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 8:56:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Where would you attach the hinged top cover?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 8:59:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Where would you attach the hinged top cover?

Yaaaa...I just looked for a Krinkov dust cover and I noticed that they were hinged.  Is there any way to take the dust cover off at all?  It looks like a pin is holding it in place.

ETA

From this picture it looks like you can dremel the little hing off to fit into a normal AK receiver.

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:04:49 AM EDT
[#4]
btt
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:51:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I noticed that K-Var sells Krinkov top covers with a rear aperture sight for about $95.  You could ask Bob if it would fit.  All I have is Krinks so I don't have a standard dust cover to compare.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top