Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/12/2005 9:25:31 AM EDT
ordered parts from him etc?  I need a fairly particular part and I've been waiting on one place to send it to me for almost a month...SKS man has it (at a higher price) but if he can get it to me it would be worth it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:42:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:46:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I ordered a Romy kit from him last month, everything went fine.  No problems at all, AFAIK, order with confidence.  Took me like, 3 days to get my Romy kit from him.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I could never get a hold of him a few years ago.

PS- If you include the goody in your post, more leads may follow

gas tyube with ventilated shroud.  It also says it fits chinese AKs...I'm wondering if I can
make it fit a MAK90
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 11:12:28 AM EDT
[#4]
While that part looks real cool and will look good on your rifle.  You might as well mount a George Foreman grill on the gas tube of your rifle and plug it in set on high if you do any rapid firing. Trust me on this one been there and burt parts of my body.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 1:37:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a Romy sidefolding  stock from him about two weeks ago.  No problems with anything.  Now it is on my latest Romy build.  The stock was apparently brand new ao so it appeared.  I had to get the mounting screws at the hardware store.  Tapco had them for about two dollars +about nine dollars shipping.  The screws at the store cost me thirty cents.  BTW, keyboard is screwed up. Number keys won't work. Have to smack the keyboard  a couple of times to get it to work. Time for a new keyboard.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 2:27:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Ventilated Hand Guard w/ Piston Tube - $22.95 EACH

polytechparts.com

I looked at sksman's site...Ridiculous prices on most things. $150 for a bolt carrier and piston? WTF
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 3:48:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought somthing from him once and recieved good service.
Gotta shop around though!
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#8]
A couple of years ago I called in an order to him. He had just suffered a stroke and was pretty slow.  He was polite and explained that he was still having problems but he would fill the order.  He matched the price for the item that K-Var had at the time and I got everything in good order.

I hope he is better. Anyone heard how he is feeling?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:08:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I could never get a hold of him a few years ago.

PS- If you include the goody in your post, more leads may follow

gas tyube with ventilated shroud.  It also says it fits chinese AKs...I'm wondering if I can
make it fit a MAK90
www.sksman.com/images/akPerfgastb.jpg

Yep. It will snap right on a MAK.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:21:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I just ordered a Chinese pistol grip from him, I will let you know how the transaction went.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 11:18:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
While that part looks real cool and will look good on your rifle.  You might as well mount a George Foreman grill on the gas tube of your rifle and plug it in set on high if you do any rapid firing. Trust me on this one been there and burt parts of my body.

I agree, it's mostly a temp fix.  I'm repairing a flood damaged rifle for a friend and the objective right now is as low cost as possible.  Later it will probably be replaced with a railed upper and red dot.

I went ahead and ordered it from polytech...couldn't ignore the price difference.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 2:34:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I've ordered from the guy also-no problems, got what I ordered in a few days.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 4:11:51 PM EDT
[#13]
about a year ago, I wanted to buy a bulgarian underfolder w/ hardware and everyone was out and all the noraml sources dried-up , I called everyone, no luck, then saw it on sks man's website, was more than everyone else but, he was the only one who had it.  called, ordered, recieved it, brand new w/all hardware, he is expensive , but good parts, quick shipping, very happy........ Dave  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top