Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/10/2005 4:47:54 PM EDT
Has anyone replace the AK47 stock with the new 6 position collapsible stock? If so, how do you like. I have also looked at the folding stock, but do not see the need to compact that much. The USA synthetic stock that came with my AK is small and the shoulder fit is not good. I thought the collapsible would be a better fit.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:10:46 PM EDT
[#1]
You mean the AR stock?

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I hear the tapco folding stocks are junk I've never shot an AK with one on it but I felt it and they dont seem solid enough for me.  As for the AR stock its for an AR not an AK.  so you are saying the NATO length is too short?  I didnt have aproblem with it but I do agree the shoulder fit is a little uncomfortable but AKs aren't ARs they're AKs :).
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#3]
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:38:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Cheaper than dirt sells the adapters for $19.95 and then you can attach any AR stock you want.

I saw a picture of one a few days ago somewhere but forgot where.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:37:14 PM EDT
[#5]
The stock I am refer to is located at the below:
http://www.tapco.com/departments.asp?dept=39&last=39

AK Compliance Parts

AK T6 Adjust Stock

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#6]
It is a copy of the M4 stock to fit the AK.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:24:05 PM EDT
[#7]
If you want to add the AR type 6pos collapsible stock........Do it the right way!  You won't be sorry.  This is just my opinion, but the Tapco version is a cheap way out.  Not by price either.

As mentioned above buy the AR15 to AK47 stock adaptor.  Then you can add any style AR stock down the road if that is what you wish.  With the Tapco version what you get is what you'll have.

Go here and you can order the adaptor:

www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67&products_id=233&zenid=474ec86e55324ebd788e815949d1e904

Here's a pic of my MAK90 with the adaptor and an RRA 6pos stock.  It definitely feels better.  Ignore the negative comments of the purist AK folks.  It works!!  I love the original AK design, but sometimes comfort outweighs being true!

Good Luck,

DK
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:51:21 PM EDT
[#8]

And for every adapter sold, this lady gets their address .
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:41:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Heeheehee...I know the whole AR15-AK47 Hybrid stuff is strictly Taboo to the diehard AK fans, but as far as the M4 (type) rear stock, it's a really good (and comfortable) design and I'd imagine it would be no different hanging off the back of an AK.

Common, doneking's MAK90 doesn't look that bad does it? The black stock matches nice with the black foregrips, and the "waffling" on the stock matches the magazine nice as a bonus too. I like my AR's with this stock on them. Next best thing to a solid stock for comfort while still being compact for carry. Hey, if it works....why not?

That said...I couldn't bring myself to do it do my Krink, and bought a tube stock instead! Heeheehee.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:48:56 PM EDT
[#10]
The reason the AR stocks are collapsable and not folders is because of the buffer tube. If you want compact, go with an AK folder.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:52:10 PM EDT
[#11]
True Stick...

But I've seen AR 6 position FOLDING stocks for AK's being offered (I forget where) so wouldn't that be an extra adjustment? You can get a real short stubby folding stock that extends to full length!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:42:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:13:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
img240.imageshack.us/img240/9645/miseryownedsml0br.gif

And for every adapter sold, this lady gets their address .

HOLY SHIT, I ACTUALLY STILL SHIT MYSELF WHEN SEEING THAT
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:22:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If you want to add the AR type 6pos collapsible stock........Do it the right way!  You won't be sorry.  This is just my opinion, but the Tapco version is a cheap way out.  Not by price either.

As mentioned above buy the AR15 to AK47 stock adaptor.  Then you can add any style AR stock down the road if that is what you wish.  With the Tapco version what you get is what you'll have.

Go here and you can order the adaptor:

www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67&products_id=233&zenid=474ec86e55324ebd788e815949d1e904

Here's a pic of my MAK90 with the adaptor and an RRA 6pos stock.  It definitely feels better.  Ignore the negative comments of the purist AK folks.  It works!!  I love the original AK design, but sometimes comfort outweighs being true!

i7.photobucket.com/albums/y264/doneking/171e45cc.jpg

Good Luck,

DK

Is that adaptor plastic or metal?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:31:08 AM EDT
[#15]
DSA (the FAL guys) are now carrying some AK stuff.  They have an ACE folder available for the AK.  It looks pretty damn cool.  Haven't sen one installed though.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:01:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
True Stick...

But I've seen AR 6 position FOLDING stocks for AK's being offered (I forget where) so wouldn't that be an extra adjustment? You can get a real short stubby folding stock that extends to full length!

Sure Atreides, it would mean more adjustment. But more isn't always better. Just  think, more parts equals more part that can fail. I own a Vepr, so I am not an AK purist by any means, but putting AR parts on an AK just seems wrong. Plus I hate the M4 collapsable stock, and Tapco's version is garbage.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:25:00 AM EDT
[#17]
I was walking down the side of these rail road track's one day and saw this little AK in culvert he looked hurt so I bent down to see what was wrong..That's when I saw what someone had done to it..It was horrible!!! It had a collapsable stock,rails, tango down doodoo all over it and on the magazine one side said in carved metal Mag pull something or another!!! I....I...I just cant go on talking about it I just hurts to bad.....I better get a hold of my shrink I need councel now just bringing it up..

Written and performed by Jicky (effete  Kalasnasnob)
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:26:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Not my cup of tea, but I have a buddy who loves his AR stock set up.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:46:40 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Not my cup of tea, but I have a buddy who loves his AR stock set up.

Kill him. Now.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top