Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/10/2005 12:52:42 PM EDT
I just received my kit 2005 M92 Yugo 7.62x39 today............yippy!!!

I have just a few questions to disassemble it properly.

first, I notice there is a pin-like pin holding the the top HG's on........ do I need to punch it out to take them off?
I need to take off the top HG to get the gas tube off.

also what do I do to take off the top receiver cover...... there is a pin with a o-ring around it........ what do I do there?

one more thing, the bottom HG's, what is the way to take them off?

basically I see everybody here has those items off when doing builds but I dont see the way to get them off.

This is my kit............
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:08:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't mind me, just tagging in.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#2]
ok, I found out what to do here............ POOKIE

I didnt know that it was a spring loaded pin for the gas tube and top HG's,
and the the bottom is just a hinged lever.

but still wondering about the receiver cover though................

here is a pic of the pin holding in the cover.............

also dont mind me, I stole the pic from pookie, here is the pic.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:34:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I left my topcover on and worked around it during disassembly.  I haven't put it back together yet cause I'm waiting on Global to get their thumb outta their ass.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:42:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I left my topcover on and worked around it during disassembly.  I haven't put it back together yet cause I'm waiting on Global to get their thumb outta their ass.

yeah, nothing happened to them at all except they left their shop for only two days.
now they are saying that they are 30 days behind.

I would have mine already but I wanted to opt for custom serial numbers to match the ones on the krink.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:43:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:48:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I would not take the top cover apart any more than that.....

Will you be doing the build yourself, or sending to a gunsmith ?

I will be doing it, with some help from srt205 in sherman, but I dont know if he still wants to help me, so
I am looking for someone in the Dallas area to supervise me . I get it completely but I dont know if I
want to spend lots of money on tools, I know this, this M92 Yugo is going to be brothered with a AMD-65
soon. Buts thats probably going to be the only Ak's I purchase. I am going to start to buy the "newer"
generation firearms.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top