Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/9/2005 1:13:50 PM EDT
Does anyone have one of these? If so how does it shoot? Is it reliable? Who has mags for them? And is it worth the 330.00 that CFS has them for. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:42:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I have two WASR-3's. I suggest ordering them from a company that will exchange or give your money back if you get a lemon. I had to send my first one back because the mag release lever was filed down too much. This caused the rifle bolt to ride over the bullets in the mag. and not chamber them. My second rifle has a receiver cover and safety lever that does not fit the rifle correctly ( receiver cover rubs against bolt carrier and safety does not go all the way in the safe position). I am waiting for a cover and safety from CAI. My third WASR-3 also had a problem. The rifle would not chamber a round . I finally figured out the problem. The bottom of the bolt carrier that rides against the hammer when pulling the bolt back was not shaped right. It had a square surface that was hanging up on the hammer enough to cause the rifle not to chamber a round. I filed it down and it seems to work fine now. I really have only shot a few rounds so far (injured leg ). I think the WASR-3's are a good deal if you get a good one that functions correctly. They come with a Tapco G-2 FCG already installed. I always wanted a small,reliable, light rifle that fired the 223 round ( AR's aren't it ). I will try to shoot it next week if my leg is better. The few rounds fired in the back yard looked good ( 2 rounds at 30 yards with open sights impacted within 1/4 inch). I bought mine from AIM. Good luck............
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top