Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2005 2:48:52 AM EDT
Decisions decisions.  I've already got 2 Romy parts kits and need to start tooling up with the jigs to build them.  Got a gun show in Charlotte this weekend and planned to buy a DPH flat bending jig and a couple flats and rivit sets.  However, something tells me to hold off on the building tools and get a Polish UF kit befor they dry up.  Getting both is out of the question (also got an ar project happening right now and can't swing it all at once).  I'm torn cause I don't know how long the parts kits will last, and it seems as if prices are already starting to rise.  So, what would you do?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:23:08 AM EDT
[#1]
get the kit, not that i build but isnt there a new ban coming in january or something? will it effect those polish kits?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:34:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd get the Polish UF, while they are still on the market,  You can always get the jigs and build, down the road, but when the Polish kits dry up, you will be at the mercy of the secondary market.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:12:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Another vote for the kit. Get one before they are gone.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#4]
if you have only 2 kits you need to ditch building ideas and get more, go with the PMKMS
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:05:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Buy the jig.  OK, not really.  Just felt like being different.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 8:38:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks to all of you for your advise.  It was a tough decision so I had to make a comprimise!  Unfortunately, as most of you recommended I do, I didn't get the Polish UF.  When all was said and done, I brought home a flat bending jig, a trigger guard rivit jig and some flats and rivits.  Oh yeah, I also picked up a 3rd Romy kit.  I can blame all of you for my new disease.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top