User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/7/2005 12:46:25 PM EDT
Buyer BEWARE!!!

Is Military Gun Supply  Crooked..., like a Snake??

They sold me and another guy on this site (Einheit13) Bulgarian AK-74' Side Folders with the receiver too long for the dust cover to fit!!  To disguise the problem SOMEONE
(I did not accuse them) put the stock's hinge pin in up-side down so it sticks up 1/4" or so to hold the dust cover forward.., with the pin installed properly the dust cover falls off.

Guy...., is the one I bought it from and the one I talked to on the phone about the problem. He said he does not know anything about this problem......., I think he's is full a shit!!

He said he would refund my money for the purchase price.  I told him he will also need to refund the $20.00 shipping as well as my FFL's transfer fee of $38.00 because it was such a blatant build error.., he said"no way" !!
I asked why I should be out $58 because of their builders mistake..., he said "That's just the way it is!!
I asked if he would have his builder repaired it. He said "No because it will need a new receiver!!"

How the hell would he know it needs a new receiver if he was un-aware of the problem???

I asked him who the builder was & that I would like to contact them about the problem since the builder generally is responseable for warranty repairs..., he said his builder is  "A private individual"  and would not give me contact info. I then asked him if he is using an un-reputable builder...., he hung up on me!!!

What a Fucking ASSHOLE!!!

So much for the 1-year warranty!!

What would you do now????

Oh...., and he also told me on the phone when I made the purchase it came with (3)  30 round mags.   The reciept said (2) mags.  The rifle showed up with only (1) mag. he has never returned my call on that issue either!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#1]
understand your problem and it sucks to spend that kind of money and get the phone hung up on you, it can be repaired, you`ll have to drop some weld  at the back of the trunnion where the dust cover fits in, then file or machine it off to take up the extra space, and then the cover will fit tight,
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:16:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks...., I guess that's what I'll have to do since apparently I've been stiffed by those "Dickweeds!!"

But for the money it should have been built right!!!

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:33:00 PM EDT
[#3]
What state is that company out of?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Texas.  DFW area if I remember right.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:40:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Build courtesy of Elite firearms. Read up on them.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Texas.  DFW area if I remember right.

Doh! I just reread the thread title. TX.

Sue them sily.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:51:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Build courtesy of Elite firearms. Read up on them.

I asked "Guy" if it was a Elite Firearms build before I bought..., he said "No"

But I'm not real big on beliveing anthing that CROOKED Fucker says!!

They're just really..., really lucky I'm all the way up here in Washington State or I'd see how they do in a Face to Face confrontation...., any PUSSY can hang-up the phone on you!!!

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:40:03 PM EDT
[#8]
thats what you get when dealing with complete and kit-built guns, someone elses mistakes.

I live near MGS and I have only dealt with them a few times, I called up and gave them my business
tax info and got nothing but good service, I get dealer prices for my own hobbie and a few resale sales.
I just pay the taxes on stuff I personally buy.

I can deal with them face-to-face if you want, I live only 45 minutes away and go there to buy rare militia.

They are high in  prices but got rare stuff if you need it.

but you are right, he is an old codgy bastard and it comes with the terrotory. Older people dealing in firearms are complete pricks and you can smell it on them from a mile away.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#9]
They sold me a rom ak pistol that was built so bad you can hardly move the action by hand both ways ,stiffest ak action I have ever felt .this pos is going back and they said they would fix or replace it. you cant fire it like it is i tryed to clean and oil it but still no go .I can't belive they let this out the door .my dad took one look at it the day I got it and just laughed he said send it back because there is no way it's gonna work .so off to the desert I go to try it and as usual the old man was right (he's 80) so when he asks how it went with a smile I said you called it .now we will see how they handel the repair or replacement .I hope it go smoothly.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:02:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Hate to say it but that's what you get when you let a "production line builder" build your AK. Chris Butler of AK-USA would have been the BEST choice to do the build. Buying an AK from an  "unknown" smith is a roll of the dice. Live and learn. Sorry to hear of your problem.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#11]
they build most of their own in house, or so they said in an ad a while back
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Really???

If they did build it,  fuck it up & sell it anyway,  and won't even admit that they built it...., that would be seriously dishonest!!!

These kind of assholes need to learn that with all the internet communication these days within interest groups they can't cheat people & expect to get away with it like they used to.  
Karma's a real bitch..., and now she's in Cyber Space!!

They will eventually reep what the sow!!!

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:13:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I got put on hold and never spoke to a soul.....I will be calling them tomorrow!! This will also go with me to another board I am a member of. I will try to post then about some kind of resolve. Maybe I can get somewhere, besides, only thing worse thwn a Texan is a pissed off Virginian.......
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:28:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
They sold me a rom ak pistol that was built so bad you can hardly move the action by hand both ways ,stiffest ak action I have ever felt .this pos is going back and they said they would fix or replace it. you cant fire it like it is i tryed to clean and oil it but still no go .I can't belive they let this out the door .my dad took one look at it the day I got it and just laughed he said send it back because there is no way it's gonna work .so off to the desert I go to try it and as usual the old man was right (he's 80) so when he asks how it went with a smile I said you called it .now we will see how they handel the repair or replacement .I hope it go smoothly.

I would imagine if they have another one they will offer to relace it.

They didn't have a replacment for my AK-74...., they don't even offer them on their website any more..., I guess they dumped the last of them!!!

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#15]
What's the address of this Military Gun Supply?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:34:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Military Gun Supply, Inc.
3815 East Loop 820 South
Fort Worth, TX 76119
Ph- (817) 457-6000
Fx- (817) 457-6007

[email protected]
Militarygunsupply.com
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:28:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Get a Rope...
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:32:18 PM EDT
[#18]
There should be identifing marks/stamps on the receiver from whowever built the rifle. If not, then some one maybe assembling rifles without a proper license.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:43:54 PM EDT
[#19]
The only stamps on the receiver are the ITM logo and a serial number at the trigger opening on the right side.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:01:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The only stamps on the receiver are the ITM logo and a serial number at the trigger opening on the right side.

+1  Same here!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:12:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Hate to say it but that's what you get when you let a "production line builder" build your AK. Chris Butler of AK-USA would have been the BEST choice to do the build. Buying an AK from an  "unknown" smith is a roll of the dice. Live and learn. Sorry to hear of your problem.

I hate to say it, but their are many other smiths out their who's work is equal to your buddy at AK USA!  Nothing against Chris.  Nothing against you.  But to make a statement BEST choice is false.  

So please stop blowing smoke up everyone's ass.

ant
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:19:38 PM EDT
[#22]
I'd drive to Texas and kick his fuckin ass ...
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:06:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Elite FireArms
222 W. Bedford-Euless Rd
Hurst, Texas 76053

Military Gun Supply
3815 East Loop 820 South
Fort Worth, TX 76119

Distance: 13.4 miles
Approximate Travel Time: 20 mins
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:21:07 PM EDT
[#24]
that is way I will never buy a non-factory built ak (I am talking RUSSIAN factory built).

IF you are going to have a USA AK, build it yourself, so the only person you can blame is you!

I have never seen a USA ak that was perfect (except for the ones I have built ... ok ok ok... well, they are NOW...

But they all all worked. and only becasue of some mods and tweaks here and there...

The simple truth is, ALL USA receivers are out of spec in some way. I ahve never seen one that wasn't

I mean, they can't even get the top rail in the correct possition, they all ride to low. (by a millimeter, but that;'s to much!" heck, OOW, one of the "best" has the safety hole off by 2mm! the the receiver is to long.

And Armory, they got the OAL correct, and the safety hole correct, but the top rail is still to low, so it causes the carrier to hang up.

both of these, you must bend the top rail up, in the back, to get the carrier to not hang up during hand cycling.

And then you get all these builders, who try to sell off their junk builds. it's sad.

I have seen a AMD for sale at the oklahoma gun shows... I wouldn't shoot it, much less pay money for it, yet there it is , $450 not even painted, just original funk finish, and unfinished receiver.

the rear rivets aren't even sticking out on the non head side. and it is obvious he couldn't get the holes right the first time, so he made them bigger and oval shaped, and you can see them, becasue the rivets don't stick out all the way. it is scary. and sad. to make up for the crappy rivet job, he stuck one in from each dirrection.. like that's going to help...

I saw a yugo krink, somebody had used SCREWS!!!! and was wanting to sell it for $500...and the receiver was all ground on and sanded, heck, I'd have jumped on it, except he done ruined a perfectly good trunion by threading it... and the rear trunion only had the equivelent of ONE rivet (two screws)

(rant mode off)

sorry you got the shaft.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:30:13 PM EDT
[#25]
uh oh the maps are starting to come out....
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:04:31 PM EDT
[#26]
I asked if he would have his builder repaired it. He said "No because it will need a new receiver!!"

So what was the point of a warranty?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

My point exactly!!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:20:39 PM EDT
[#28]
makes me ashamed this guy is in TX, he must be an outsider
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:50:43 AM EDT
[#29]
They have a dealer account here. I would also post this over on the falfiles if i were you. They have an account there also.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:24:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:06:22 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Reminds me of Tommy Boy
Now thats some funny shit
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:08:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Office of the Attorney General
PO Box 12548
Austin, TX 78711-2548

For Public Information & Assistance, E-mail your questions and comments to: [email protected]
Write to Attorney General Greg Abbott: [email protected]
Other questions/comments about child support: [email protected]
Conference Unit: [email protected]
Crime Victim Services Division: [email protected]
Crime Victims' Institute: [email protected]
Webmaster: [email protected]

Main agency switchboard (512) 463-2100
Public Information & Assistance  (800) 252-8011 or (512) 475-4413 (in Austin)
Consumer Protection Hotline (800) 621-0508
Open Records Hotline (512) 478-6736 (478-OPEN)
Press Office (512) 463-2050
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:57:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:05:29 AM EDT
[#34]
I still like the Ass Kicking thing ... Used to work well .... Too many Lawyers now I suppose ...
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:14:09 AM EDT
[#35]
I spoke with Erick this morning. They will stand by the warrenty 100%.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:30:19 AM EDT
[#36]
MilitaryGunSupply:

Eric..., Thank you for your response!

A replacment was never offered!!  I was told there was no rifle to replace it with!!!

If you do have a replacment, and will pay the shipping both ways as well as the $38.00 transfer fee that my FFL dealer will be charging me to transfer another rifle I will return it for replacement..., otherwise I will need to have it repaired under warranty.  After all that is what the warranty if for, is it not??

And buy the way...., there was no shouting match with your employee!.  There was stearn discussion, sharpe tone, and disagreement about resolution!!  I never once raised my voice!!
But your employee did indeed hang-up on me!!!  That is a fact!! I also in formed your employee that this issue, if un-resolved would end up on the internet, which it obviously has!!

Hey..., I've got an idea..., rather than call you, how about we handle this issue right here on this forum?  That will certianly eliminate any "He said this..., he said that" senerio!!

Certianly you would have no objection to that..., would you?

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:32:14 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I spoke with Erick this morning. They will stand by the warrenty 100%.

Are they going to replace it..., repair it...., or refund it?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:50:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Repair, if I choose to. He was understanding of the issues, so thats about all I can ask. I'm sure he would refund it if I pushed the issue. Haven't decided what I want to do yet.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:01:40 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
thats what you get when dealing with complete and kit-built guns, someone elses mistakes.

I live near MGS and I have only dealt with them a few times, I called up and gave them my business
tax info and got nothing but good service, I get dealer prices for my own hobbie and a few resale sales.
I just pay the taxes on stuff I personally buy.

I can deal with them face-to-face if you want, I live only 45 minutes away and go there to buy rare militia.

They are high in  prices but got rare stuff if you need it.

but you are right, he is an old codgy bastard and it comes with the terrotory. Older people dealing in firearms are complete pricks and you can smell it on them from a mile away.

Gee, I wonder if you will ever get old? Actually, Guy just got back from the sand box and he's not old.  I have delt with him and had zero problems.  Also, I got two builds from EliteFirearms and they are rock solid builds.  Also, it's been my practice to ask up front what the return policy is before I order anything.  I guess it's just because I am old that I hang up on people that engage in hysterical screaming fits.  There is generally two sides to any story.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:41:55 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:]

Gee, I wonder if you will ever get old? Actually, Guy just got back from the sand box and he's not old.  I have delt with him and had zero problems.  Also, I got two builds from EliteFirearms and they are rock solid builds.  Also, it's been my practice to ask up front what the return policy is before I order anything.  I guess it's just because I am old that I hang up on people that engage in hysterical screaming fits.  There is generally two sides to any story.

That sounds about right....,  a TURD like Guy belongs in a sand box, or litter box!!

DeltaDelturd214:

You know absolutly nothing about my phone call with Guy. If you did, you would know there was no "hysterical screaming fits"  He couldn't handle his end of the conversation...., so he bailed!!!  And you are right, there are generally two sides to any story and it just so happens my story is told correctly.  I have no reason to tell it any other way!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 11:41:00 AM EDT
[#41]
I don't understand why so many gunstores and gundealers have a reputation of being assholes with poor customer service who will not hesitate to give you the shaft.

But many car dealers are the same way. In fact, that pretty much describes most salesmen, no matter what they're trying to sell.

You know what we need? We need a Walmart-type mega gunstore chain. Standards and consistency, low prices, and a no-questions-asked return policy. Don't like it? Sure, we'll take this AR-15 back. Do you still have the packaging? No? That's ok. We'll put it in the clearance aisle anyway.

Granted, the employees won't be able to tell a Glock from a revolver, but at least you won't get ripped off or cheated.

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I don't understand why so many gunstores and gundealers have a reputation of being assholes with poor customer service who will not hesitate to give you the shaft.

But many car dealers are the same way. In fact, that pretty much describes most salesmen, no matter what they're trying to sell.

You know what we need? We need a Walmart-type mega gunstore chain. Standards and consistency, low prices, and a no-questions-asked return policy. Don't like it? Sure, we'll take this AR-15 back. Do you still have the packaging? No? That's ok. We'll put it in the clearance aisle anyway.

Granted, the employees won't be able to tell a Glock from a revolver, but at least you won't get ripped off or cheated.

They already said they would refund his money.  Did you notice that the owner of MGS responded with an offer and a request.  The request was that the whiner that stared this thread not start another screaming contest with his employees.  I've done business with them before and did not have a problem.  They answered all my many questions, did what they said they would and shipped my order ahead of time.  And the person who answered my questions and shipped my order is the same persom that is getting slimed.  He just finished a tour of duty in Iraq and doesn't deserve this kind of bull shit.  This thread is a waste. The issue should have been settled on the phone and not on a public forum.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:03:28 PM EDT
[#43]
HEY,not all car dealers are bad .I have a used car lot in phoenix and we have never screwed a customer. the only unhappy customers we have are the ones we were forced to repo for lack of payment or failure to provide full coverage insurance .and I have been here since 1995. I have been in retai since 1973 and I have found that lies are a 2 way street .I was a salesman on the floor in a high end carpet and rug store in NJ when a old lady about 75 years old said to me  in a loud voice "sonny a salesman's promise is like a prostitute's kiss" I just smiled and said we do what we say.her carpet was installed the day we promised.she sent me referal customers for years untill she died in 1991. so let's give military gun supply a chance to make it right, I will . some times owners and management are unawhare of the actions of an employee or salesman,it's how they handel the problem in the end and try to make sure it does not keep happening that tells you what they are.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 2:08:45 PM EDT
[#44]
I just received an M92 Krink pistol from them.  I looks perfect.  I have not fired it yet.

ETA>  had I seen this thread, I would not have bought the pistol.  I dont want to support a crappy bussiness.  I hope my pistol is not buggered up and safe to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:46:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
They already said they would refund his money.  Did you notice that the owner of MGS responded with an offer and a request.  The request was that the whiner that stared this thread not start another screaming contest with his employees.  I've done business with them before and did not have a problem.  They answered all my many questions, did what they said they would and shipped my order ahead of time.  And the person who answered my questions and shipped my order is the same persom that is getting slimed.  He just finished a tour of duty in Iraq and doesn't deserve this kind of bull shit.  This thread is a waste. The issue should have been settled on the phone and not on a public forum.  

Hey DeltaDelturd214...,

I tried to settle it on the phone.., he hung up on me when his backbone turned to jelly!!
Next stop..., public forum!!

You sure have a big fucking mouth for a guy butting into a thread he knows nothing about!!  I'm glad to hear they treated you well...., but they fucked me over!!
I don't give a rat shit how many tours anyone does anywhere...., it does not give them the right to cheat people!

I guess you little Texas "Nancy Boys" just stick together no matter how wrong you are!!

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Hey, watch that "Nancy Boy" bullshit ...

I'm a Texan and I'm "sure" you got fucked by these assholes, I used to avoid them at all the shows because they were pricks. Don't go throwing all of us in the same category ...
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:01:15 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Hey, watch that "Nancy Boy" bullshit ...

I'm a Texan and I'm "sure" you got fucked by these assholes, I used to avoid them at all the shows because they were pricks. Don't go throwing all of us in the same category ...

You are 100% correct!  My appologies to all the honest, respectable, & "Non-Nancy Boy" Texans!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#48]
What a waste of a good parts kit.

I have never bought from them and I never will, I have personally never liked MGS and a few others

I do not believe in any company that buys mass quantities of kits, and in this keeps them from the general builder and kit buyer, and use said kits to build second rate rifles on OOW receivers sold at a premium

yes we have free enterprise system, but with the ban, I do not appreciate this one bit.  At least build your rifles the correct way, on non obsolete receivers, that way what kits are used will not be waisted.  YMMV, my personal opinion.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:20:46 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So lets see someone posting a bad experience with a vendor is whining? I can imagine you were one of the people on gunsnet telling the gooch victims to STFU and wait because a custom gun takes 5 years right? Your logic is flawed and moronic.

Off the top of my head i can think of 3 vendors on arfcom that have gone bad and fucked people over. They would probably still be fucking people over if the victims hadnt brought their experiences to light.

I am not bashing MGS i have ordered from them once and other than the fact that the guy on the phone wouldnt believe that pre ban hicaps were legal in NY they seemed nice. But my one good experience doesnt make this guys situation any better does it?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:26:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Thank you for your comment Agcsy,  you get my point exactly!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top