Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/6/2005 2:24:14 PM EDT
Summer's been hanging on but its rained all day from the Tropical storm comming in from the East and tonight,a cold front will be comming down from the North West.I can feel it in the air,I'm making Chili tonight!Everyone within 80 miles of Chattanooga needs to keep their gas masks ready,I'll be booming by morning!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:39:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Mmm...Chili...

Would that constitute a gas attack?

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:40:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Making my mouth water, as I look at my barren fridge...
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:43:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Making my mouth water, as I look at my barren fridge...

Man,you're in Texas,thats Chili Country!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:47:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I really should go to the store...

Im sure ive got a chili recipe or two up my sleeve
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:09:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm getting ready to fix a big bowl myself. I came home from work to find a note from my wife stating that there was a big pot of chili in the kitchen waiting for me.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:25:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:31:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Now that I'm not paying extra for the AC to fight the stove, you bet! A neighbor put flyers on every door for blocks for a cookoff this Sun. There will be this innocent pot of white paste chowder, chicken, corn, beans, Hungarian hot wax, oleoresin Cayenne (a key to back heat), Habanero.....

I just need a drop holster fat enough for my beer while I eat and mingle

I'd need a double drop holster,so I could keep an extra beer on each side!Come to think of it,they make a bandoleer!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:37:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Had Chili for dinner last night............now me and two of my rifles are gas operated....
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:11:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:17:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Note to self:  buy chili tonight at the store

I don't know how to make it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:40:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Hopefully I will be making deer chili real soon!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:50:15 AM EDT
[#12]
What time should we be over?  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:52:01 AM EDT
[#13]
When making chili the important thing to know is meat and chile peppers/powder. Everything else is secondary. A general guideline:

Use ground chuck, course ground or cubed.
Use at least 2 tbs. chili powder per lb. of beef.
Cumin gives chili it's distinctive smell/flavor.
Good things to add: onion powder, garlic powder, cilantro, oregano, paprika
Things to avoid adding: tequila, beer, beans (until serving time), too much tomato
Cayenne pepper controls the heat scale. Be very very careful with habanero.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:53:01 AM EDT
[#14]
he used weapons of gas destruction, against his own people!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:21:19 AM EDT
[#15]
I wish it would get it's cold ass down here to get rid of all this damn rain. I feel like I live in Seattle, next I will start wearing all black clothing and adding white makeup and going ANTI on shit. HEHE NEVER.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:31:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Hell yeah!!! It's getting that time of year, I cut up two trees  that were down and got up a bunch of bales of straw to have my annual drunken barn dance / bon fire party this Saturday...I've got a half a hog and and a leg of lamb I'm cooking on the cooker..I've got a case of flip top Grolsh in the fridge in garage right now, I dont have keg party's anymore since I just drink Grolsh or Heineken so it's BYOB..Now I have to dig up some tracer's to put down range..( yes safety is observed)
I'll have to take some pic's.... Party on!!!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:10:54 AM EDT
[#17]
i just got finished putting a batch in the crock pot.  im in san antonio and we had a cool streak down here also.  it was 56 when i wok up.  it was nearly 100 last week.  oh well yall enjoy your chili!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top