Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2005 9:04:56 AM EDT
I need some help on installing the little metal that goes in the front sight you use for aiming, no clue what its called. I took it out to paint the rifle but now the thing spread up and i cannot scew it back in the way i took it out. Anyone done this before?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:34:30 AM EDT
[#1]
How are you trying to screw it in b/c most of the stuff on AKS are cross threaded you know backwards.  Left tightens right loosens.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:00:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried both ways. Here is a pic of what I'm talking about, these are new production and they do not spread out at the end, mine did so i cannot screw it back in properly.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is a pic of mine:
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:07:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Well that is your front site post...

You may have to squeeze it back to get it in...(If you can, maybe chase it with a nut from the top down to put it back.) or just buy a new one...

I can honestly say that I have never had a prob getting mine in or out.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:00:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well that is your front site post...

You may have to squeeze it back to get it in...(If you can, maybe chase it with a nut from the top down to put it back.) or just buy a new one...

I can honestly say that I have never had a prob getting mine in or out.

Thanks, that sucks for me, maybe an experienced builder who has built a lot of kits has come across this when painting a Romy Kit.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:46:34 AM EDT
[#6]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:59:12 AM EDT
[#7]
get some pliars and squeeze it until it is straight, then screw it in.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:10:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Ok you will need a vise or pliers,needle nose pliers,wire cutting pliers,and the twist tie from a loaf of bread that has a wire in the center of it.
First thing remove the paper or plastic from the bread twist tie as all you need is the bare wire. Squeeze the bottom of the front sight post togeather and on the 5th thread from the bottom wrap the wire around it and twist the ends togeather real tight at least 2 full turns with the needle nose pliers. Cut the excess wire off and and bend the twisted end up so it is againist the threads. Then screw the front sight post in. Once it gets started use the needle nose pliers to pull the wire off.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:13:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Take care while squeezing it together,I've broke them before.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Thx!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top