Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 2:41:22 PM EDT
I made a short trip to the range today. I had my 2 ak's and a M4gery with A1 reciever. I plinked a few rounds off the bench, then a few prone, a few offhand.

A Toyota pulls in some kid jumps out, and pulls out his new M4gery. It had every imaginable add-on. Flashlight, optics, buis, vert grip, laser, it looked ridiculous. He also had a "barrel de-resonator" on it. Suppsed to improve accuracy, anyways it is a big rubber plug on the barrel.

I stayed on my end, just plinking away. This kid gets to blasting from waist level. He is controlling his muzzle, so far from it for me to say anything. He drops mags, and runs about 4-5 mags thru it rapidly. Next thing I know this poor retard is all but crying because the rubber thing is smelling like burnt tires. Imagine that.

That was my afternoon. Here's your sign.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#1]
All that expensive stuff is kewl until it melts all over your other expensive stuff!Did you offer him a hanky and introduce him to the "K.I.S.S." principal?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#2]
heheheheheheheh
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:02:53 PM EDT
[#3]
"barrel de-resonator"....I wonder if he would be interested in an accuracy increasing" dis-combubilator " or a "barrel swaging tool"? I've got a few laying around that I could sell him pretty reasonably...but these secrets to true marksmanship don't come cheap!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's what I found since I never heard of the device before.

The New LimbSaver® Barrel De-Resonator is designed to dampen out unwanted vibration by shortening the overall settling time of the barrel. The accuracy benefit is immediate, providing sub-minute angle groups with over-the-counter factory ammunition. This easy-to-install unit simply slips over most standard barrels. Designed and manufactured with our proprietary NAVCOM® (Noise and Vibration Control Material), and engineered for optimum performance utilizing Sims Vibration Laboratory’s DTMS (Decay Time Modification System). If you are looking for performance & accuracy, trust LimbSaver®, the makers of “Products That Work!”™

Makes me wish I could think of some other useless device to attach to their rifle so I could make a fortune.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you explain that the deresonator is to increase accuracy, No accuracy in shooting from the hip or rapid fire. There fore its not made to withstand the heat there fore its melted due to his stupidity. And tell him next time mamma buys him a swiss army M4 he needs to know what everythings for. What a loser!!!! But thats my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep, that's what it USED to look like.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#7]
That's not a barrel de-resonator it's a wallet lightner.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:23:06 PM EDT
[#8]
It would have been far better story if it had started on fire.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Sometimes going to the range is better than the Comedy Club.  No wait, sometimes it IS the comedy club!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:44:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:46:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Looks like something you'd find in your finer "adult" toy stores in San Francisco..................

Yep,a gadget to help them hear their own farts again!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Makes ya wonder who's limbs the LimbSaver is saving? The targets?
EVERYBODY KNOWS you can't have a Barrel Deresonator without a proper Flux Capacitor...
If Feinstein had had something like that to keep her busy, we might never have had the AWB.

RandyCOG3
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:27:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I stayed on my end, just plinking away. This kid gets to blasting from waist level. He is controlling his muzzle, so far from it for me to say anything. He drops mags, and runs about 4-5 mags thru it rapidly. Next thing I know this poor retard is all but crying because the rubber thing is smelling like burnt tires. Imagine that.

If you would have gotten a pic of it then it would have made one great OWN3D pic.  Damn that's the funniest thing I've read in a long time.  Thanks for posting this.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:05:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Next thing I know this poor retard is all but crying because the rubber thing is smelling like burnt tires.

Damn I never could have stopped laughing long enough to safe my weapon.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Here's what I found since I never heard of the device before.

The New LimbSaver® Barrel De-Resonator is designed to dampen out unwanted vibration by shortening the overall settling time of the barrel. The accuracy benefit is immediate, providing sub-minute angle groups with over-the-counter factory ammunition. This easy-to-install unit simply slips over most standard barrels. Designed and manufactured with our proprietary NAVCOM® (Noise and Vibration Control Material), and engineered for optimum performance utilizing Sims Vibration Laboratory’s DTMS (Decay Time Modification System). If you are looking for performance & accuracy, trust LimbSaver®, the makers of “Products That Work!”™

www.limbsaver.com/limbsaver/firearms/images/barrelderes.jpg

www.limbsaver.com/limbsaver/firearms/images/targets.gif

Makes me wish I could think of some other useless device to attach to their rifle so I could make a fortune.

That thing is for bolt rifles. God damn the salesman saw that idiot coming from a mile away to sell that to him for an AR.

It works fairly well on free floated target/varmint rifles.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:28:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Next thing I know this poor retard is all but crying because the rubber thing is smelling like burnt tires.

That was probably the smell of the bullshit the salesman must have fed the idiot to get him to put that butt plug on his AR. De de de...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top