Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/4/2005 1:10:00 PM EDT
so what kind are they?

I bought some mags today from my local FFL, first off he said he didnt have any.
Then he said "wait a minute, let me check somewhere".
He came out with 2 polymer waffle mags and asked if these were what I was looking for.
I asked how much, he said "I guess about $15", I said I'll take them both.
bought some 7.62x39 ammo and the mags, I got home home for inspection and no markings at all.

upon further inspection, I looked inside and still no markings. These are brand new and they look like they havent even been
inserted into a rifle yet also.
the only thing that isnt polymer is the spring, even then bottom plate and the follower is polymer.
They also have a little bit of texture to them (very hard to tell), they are not smooth at all.

I know this is probably far reaching, but do you know a manufacturer that doesnt offer any markings at all.

I dont wanna post a pic because it will take time and I am lazy right now because I am fixing to go to bed,
if you have seen a poly mag you have seen them all
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:29:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Promags
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:46:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Promags

That's what I'm thinking.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:57:54 PM EDT
[#3]
how are they?

they load great, and using a bullet tip they unload really good also.

I went to their site and didnt see a picture, also they have heat-treated springs.

their work on the polymer is very good if not top-notch.

I have read on here using yahoo search because it is over 30 days old,
that they woble a little and hard to cycle.

I dont have my Krink built yet, so I have to wait.
if they do suck for feeding, can I change out followers to the steel followers?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#4]
they may load great, it's the "unloading" part they don't do very well.  You got ripped!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:11:12 PM EDT
[#5]
YEP, that is them.

I went to my next door neighbors house and used his MAC90 to cycle a few rounds and the whole magazine was empty
as fast I could cycle them both.

I dont know but so far I am positive but watch, when I go to the range I will have to probably hand feed the AK.

Who knows..................... they might run ok.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Anybody here ever had or has any success with them?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:41:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Anybody here ever had or has any success with them?

A couple guys have said they run ok, more have had lots of problems. Even if they run ok i'd imagine its only a matter of time before the lugs wear down or break.

But it may be years down the road so who knows.

For the money theres no reason not to get real bulgarian waffle mags though. They're only a couple dollars more than what you paid.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:08:44 PM EDT
[#8]
ProMags
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:33:15 AM EDT
[#9]
ok, "IF" I do have promags.............. shouldnt there be some kind of stamping or marking that says "USA" or "made in the USA"?

I have looked inside them and all around on them and it doesnt say nothing at all.

what do bulgy mags have on them that makes them labeled "BULGARIAN"?

I saw somewhere that there is a stamping with a 10 or a 25 with a circle around it.
also having a US mag will consitute for three (3) compliance 922(r) parts, right?
but with it not saying anywhere, how do they know??????
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:16:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Bulgarians have a circle 10.  I sold about 20 here last summer, K-VAR has them now for $18.00.  Use to get them for about $9.99.  

The Pro-mags don't have any markings because they are different than the Bulgarian ones and can easily be identified.  

Bulgarian mags have the circle 10, metal re-inforcement at the top and metal baseplates.  

The Pro-mags have no metal re-inforcement in the feed-lips, a plastic baseplate and no markings.

The waffle pattern ribs on the Bulgarian mag are more pronounced and the mag is heavier than the Pro-mag (thicker polymer material).

I have one Pro-mag but can never locate it when I go shooting to see if it works.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:04:23 AM EDT
[#11]
They make great targets.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:01:45 AM EDT
[#12]
The joke is that most of the time , the "promags" are more money then the real waffle mags !!!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top