Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/3/2005 3:41:26 PM EDT
This is for anyone that has knowledge of the law or from California..  I have a gentleman who says he can receive AK 30 rnd mags as long as it's just the body of the mag?  Is this correct?

I don't want to get in any hot water over some stinking mags.

Thanks  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:29:34 PM EDT
[#1]
You can sell or ship any one part to a person in California as "replacement parts" and be legal. I have done it with AR-15 mag bodies. Now everybody know he will probably find the remain "replacement" parts and make complete mags. So long as you are not knowingly selling him the all the parts to make a complete mag, you are ok. Most people just do not want to fuck with it to be on the super safe side.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:14:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I really don't think California would even come after you even if you sent the whole mag.  They are legal to own in Wisconsin, right?  It would be his problem for taking possession and buying something that may not be legal in his state.  You would not be violating any federal law that I know of by shipping it to him.  I believe California's law ends at the state border.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:57:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:10:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Not worth the hassle, period.

Let him drive to a NV or AZ show and get them himself.

It's like saying I can have a drop in sear as long as I do not have an AR to put it into.

+1, Why bother ...
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:30:42 AM EDT
[#5]
i wouldnt do it
just cause its not worth it

wonder if he actually has a legal ak
being from OR and knowing some highclass peeps i know a illegal ak gos for 15 to 25
i dont even wanna imagine what a legal 1 would cost
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:31:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree .... case closed..

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top