Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2005 9:01:22 AM EDT
Newby here.  You guys are a wealth of knowledge and experience.  So much candy and so little jingle.  Confusing to me if there is an underfolder for the WASR 10 that can be installed as a "bolt on" without mods to either.  If so, what would be recommended.  Oh, on the threaded barrel/unthreaded barrel.  I cut the weld on the nut--no threads........hippie.gif
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:09:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Not really "bolt on".  Underfolders don't use the standard rear trunnion, they essentially pivot on a pair of holes in the rear of the reciever.

Any decent AK-smith could retrofit an underfolder to a WASR I daresay, but it's gonna take some time and money.

For the expense, I'd think a Vector underfolder would do you better.  If you've got the WASR already and want something easy to do, the sidefolders are quick and dirty.

Welcome to the site!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#2]
they have romanian underfolder kits at centerfire for 119 with the curved lower handguard to match it. It wouldnt cost too much, cheaper to get a wasr for 300 something and the 100 underfolder. Install couldnt be that much, if your proficient, you could do it yourself.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Installation of an underfolding buttstock and components on a standard reciever,is a major operation.The proper size hole has to be milled with slots in the correct spot on the reciever,the rear trunnion has to be changed and you'll probably need to refinish the rifle.I would check with In Range for a price quote.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:45:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I would check with In Range for a price quote.

OK, I don't want to sound like an asshole, but what is ballpark for this type of work? Everyone seems to be so scared to post "Troy at InRange installed XXX for $YYYY." Is there some sort of confidentiality agreement?

I mean I know my exact project would differ from yours but whats a reasonable guess? I don't want to call InRange and annoy them with questions for something I'm not comitted to yet.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:46:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I have no experience nor any idea how they work or look but Novelty Guns sells a trunion Tang for buttstock receivers that allow you to put an underfolder on without a lot ofwork.
Heard nothing from anyone who's tried it.

Rear Trunion Tang

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:50:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I would check with In Range for a price quote.

OK, I don't want to sound like an asshole, but what is ballpark for this type of work? Everyone seems to be so scared to post "Troy at InRange installed XXX for $YYYY." Is there some sort of confidentiality agreement?

I mean I know my exact project would differ from yours but whats a reasonable guess? I don't want to call InRange and annoy them with questions for something I'm not comitted to yet.

I have'nt had Troy modify an existing rifle,so I would'nt even try to guess a ballpark figure,I have had him do an underfolder build for me where he had to do all of the machine work on an OOW reciever.Send him an e-mail,he'll let you know.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top