Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/2/2005 3:47:05 AM EDT
I saw a Bulgy Ak for sale on another gun board. I asked him what kind of a receiver it was built on and If it wasn't a flat I was going to buy it. He came back and said it was a Vulcan receiver(which I was OK with) and I posted and emailed him I'll take it.

I tehn got to lloking at the picture and thjought it looked funny. Asked him how it was assembled. He said the reciver was put together with rivets and spot welds. ok

I then asked him if the trunnions were riveted and he replied that it was spot welded. I Backed out and he got all defensive and pissy. Am I out of line for think that this should be listed in the original ad.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:54:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:55:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Its a great deal...and will probably last a million rounds...but you guys have turned me into a freaking snob
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:26:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:22:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
www.angelfire.com/ak5/rpkman/

You did good by turning it down.  Learn from my mistake.

Krink,
Thanks. I followed your link and found the k-var forums - cool stuff! I also shot an email to InRange about custom building an AK.
Ry
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:50:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:15:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I would rather be sitting here feeling kind of guilty for backing out than sitting here with a rifle I am unhappy with.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:24:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I would rather be sitting here feeling kind of guilty for backing out than sitting here with a rifle I am unhappy with.

+10
But dont feel guilty its your money. You have the right to back out if you were mislead or something as important as that was "Left out"
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:56:22 AM EDT
[#8]
you were out of line... in thinking about buying someone elses home build...

after seeing the crap floating around the gun shows, and after seeing what my aquaintence can do to a perectly good parts kit

I know better than to buy an AK (again) that someone else hacked together.

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:02:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
www.angelfire.com/ak5/rpkman/

You did good by turning it down.  Learn from my mistake.

i'm "inranged" , I LOVE IT!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:19:07 AM EDT
[#10]
So, if you told the whole board the "I'll take it" and then have additional questions and back out of the deal, everyone else assumes that it's sold and he's got to wait that much longer to find a new buyer.

Actually, you should have made all your inquiries before you said "I'll take it".  Out of line  - Yes.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 12:36:08 PM EDT
[#11]
If someone is selling an AK, it should be safe to assume it's either milled or rivoted.  Anything else should be made known in advance by the seller.

I bought a "stripped" FAL lower the other day.  When I received it, an intregal and necessary part of it had been ground off.  The seller failed to mention that in the ad like it was normal????  Should I have asked if part of it was ground offf?  I think not.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:13:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If someone is selling an AK, it should be safe to assume it's either milled or rivoted.  Anything else should be made known in advance by the seller.

+1, the ad should have stated that it was welded ...
You might have ask questions first before saying "I'll take it" but you still have the right to back out of any deal before the transaction is made ...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top