Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/1/2005 12:17:08 PM EDT
I have two CAI WASR-10 hi-cpas.  One is a post-ban with muzzle nut and dragonov stock, the other is no-ban with compensator and folding stock.  The no-ban has "GP-WASR 7.62" stamped on the receiver and has no problems.  The post-ban, which has "WASR 7.62", is another story.  The bolt carrier keeps getting caught  behind the hammer.  I put it into a pathetic excuses for at gun store (Clark brothers in VA) which took 5 months and $25 for nothing, even though I specifically instructed them to put in a TABCO G2 trigger group.  So now what, is there anyway I can tighten to hammer without putting in a new trigger group (I already wasted $25 for those idiots to keep my gun for 5 months).  If not, can you point me in the direction of a group.  Thank you very much.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:57:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Are the hammer and trigger pins fully seated in the receiver? If so, try removing the hammer/trigger group and cycling by hand. Look for any tight spots where the carrier rides in the receiver. Aslo, check your gas piston for a little slop where it screws into the carrier. If there is none, is the piston rubbing in the gas tube? If so, try whacking the piston on a work bench to loosen up. Being that it is a coversion to hi-cap, look for any interference with the mag. Hope this helps,

Mike
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 1:30:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, yeah that helps a lot, thanks.  When I get back to it I'll check it out.  When you said slope, do you mean looseness, because I remember that thing was pretty lose, I can very easily unscrew it completely.  come to think about it, is there any possibility that it is getting caught up in the gas tube?  I may have tried switching out my carriers like a year ago but I can't remember.  Thanks again for the help!
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#3]
It should wobble but not be loose.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I can very easily unscrew it completely.  come to think about it, is there any possibility that it is getting caught up in the gas tube?

It shouldn't come completely out. It is supposed to have a pin in it. There should be some looseness on it. If it is not pinned, it could very well be getting caught.

Mike
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top