Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/1/2005 10:57:34 AM EDT
I was ruminating today about the barrel ban, then took apart one of my AMD kits to get a visual picture of just how many parts are left to constitute a kit. Damn, there ain't enough left to convince any importer that there would be a market for said kit. I also read on some other board that it would be unlikely for an american co. to step forward and produce replacement barrels. While AK's may be cheap per unit of production, the equipment needed to produce them is very expensive. So it's doubtful anyone would be able to reproduce an accurate copy of an ak barrel, that will sell for a reasonable price. So, there goes our hobby! I don't know about you, but this really pisses me the hell off!!! WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS!!!! My understanding is that SAR's and Wasr's will still be brought in, probably at higher prices, but why is it ok for them but not demilled kits? Who's behind this? does anyone know? I heard in the beginning that there were going to be lawsuits, whats happened with that? Has anyone on the board started a petition drive, or something? Is anyone doing anything? I emailed my congress critters, got back crap saying they support the second amendment, they'll look into my concerns. The usual handjob that politicians give out.
What is being done on this or any other board? With no more kits coming in, this board and all the others will dry up and blow away! Does anyone have an answer?
OJF
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 11:22:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I heard it was being brought before some sort of trade commission, but that was it.

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:01:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Since this is based on anexecutive order, another executive order could rescind it.

Of course, we've got a republican in the white house now, and that doesn't seem to be making a difference in this case.

What's being done? The answer is a lot of buying.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:42:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Since this is based on anexecutive order, another executive order could rescind it.

Of course, we've got a republican in the white house now, and that doesn't seem to be making a difference in this case.

922r (and the related code) is NOT an executive order.  The President can't "rescind" it with a stroke of a pen.  Only Congress can change it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#4]
We're able to get $1500 RPK74 kits!

Spooky
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:07:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Go to KVAR and you can get em cheaper than that LOL
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top