Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/30/2005 10:08:41 PM EDT
I know this is probably a dumb question, but is there a skilled AK builder who would take someone under their wing and help them with a build if they had the time?  I'm really interested in learning how to do this, I just want to learn from someone who really knows what they're doing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:38:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I know this is probably a dumb question, but is there a skilled AK builder who would take someone under their wing and help them with a build if they had the time?  I'm really interested in learning how to do this, I just want to learn from someone who really knows what they're doing.

Only if you were going to work for them, since why teach you a trade where you can go off and make money on your own? Possibly stealing his or her customers....I suggest reading on what equipment you need get that and start home building and you'll get good at it over time.

ant
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:50:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only if you were going to work for them, since why teach you a trade where you can go off and make money on your own? Possibly stealing his or her customers....I suggest reading on what equipment you need get that and start home building and you'll get good at it over time.

ant

Bigant, there are plenty of skilled builders out there that are not licensed to manufacture and therefore nobody would be stealing their customers.  I'm assuming slammer11111 is talking about a skilled home builder not a commercial one.  Slammer, you may want to try seeing if someone could help you out locally in the hometown forum on this site.  There may also be some build parties in your area too.  Check out all the threads in the "Build It Yourself" forums too.  Lot's of good info there right now and a good place to post any questions you have.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:51:24 AM EDT
[#3]
There are several DVD and VHS do it yourself tapes out there. I think I saw some in my latest Small Arms Review. You can learn alot from them. Good luck WarDawg
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top