AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 4:30:13 PM EDT
If not who had good rivet sets.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like TAPCO got rid of the crap rivets they had and finally got some halfway decent ones.

The center support still looks like crap but the website states that the correct swell rivets are now included.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Scott,

Thanks for the post.
It seems as though there should be two types of rivets for the front trunnion. The 4 front should be flat base and the 2 lower should be beveled and both long rivets for the rear trunnion should be beveled. And the TG should be flat based. It appears to me that the purpose of choosing all flat based rivets would defeat the purpose of using rivets over screws somewhat because obviously the bevel is what keeps the parts "fixed together" sort of like anchoring the receiver to trunnion. Now I have only done romy G guns and other kits may have bevels in different places, I don't know. Your rivets may be beveled but it's hard to tell from the pics but yours or anyone elses don't appear to be.

I am glad to here you have rivets other than tapco. Country of manufacture doesn't matter to me but I would like to have that bevel. When do you think these will be for sale and It would make me happy to see you sell them by type instead of kit because I screw on all my TG's regardless.

PS, I went ahead and ordered a couple of packs from you saturday morning. I'll give them a try. Let me know when the bulgys are ready.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top