Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 6:05:02 PM EDT
can't get the trigger to go back into place.  All I did was put the safety catch back in after removing the stock and installing a saw grip, now as you can see in the pics, the trigger is stuck all the way back, and I can't manipulate the trigger group at all to get the safety lever/catch back out.  I don't know what's holding the trigger down.  here's some pics:

I feel bad, I've spent days working on turning my AR trigger/hammer group into a match trigger, know every piece and use of that, but don't know anything about AK trigger groups!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:09:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Your hammer spring is caught under your trigger leg.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:11:15 PM EDT
[#2]
It looks like you just need to remove the pin, reseat the trigger correctly in the opening on the bottom of the receiver, and reinstall the pin. Its either catching on the safety or on the pistol grip. Also, once you get it in their correctly, be sure to put both side of the spring on the trigger legs.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:12:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I concure.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:15:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I concure.

yep put it back on top like the other side....good catch guys I didn't see that at first
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:26:05 PM EDT
[#5]
that was it, pulled it out with some plyers and it sat back on top of the trigger.

thanks guys.

I'm slowly learnin
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:48:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I spotted it,  I removed my FCG and did the Trigger Slap Fix 2 weeks ago.  Taking Stuff apart is a good learning tool.  "Most of the time"
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:58:52 PM EDT
[#7]
The AK gods are punishing you for that SAW grip.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:39:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

+2
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:00:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

+3!,I'm glad I'm not the only Kalashnosnob!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:58:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

#4 here. BLASPHEMY! AN ak is an ak and should be built that way. Madtechcool
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:04:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I dont agree with it, But its your gun and your money do with it what you want. And make your gun the most comfortable and practical for you!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:05:47 AM EDT
[#12]
You're just not cussing enough Mark.....
Put that thing back together and stop fiddling with it.......
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:47:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I dont agree with it, But its your gun and your money do with it what you want. And make your gun the most comfortable and practical for you!

A russian kitten possibly died because of what I did.

I also agree about "bubbah-ing" guns.

coming from the C&R forums, I like most guns plain jane.  But the AK grip felt to small for me, and felt a little strange, coming from ARs.

I hope to have a Yugo or Romy built sometime in the near future and want to keep those as original as possible.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Mark, put what ever you want on your rifle. I thought there was less of this kind of shit on the AK side, but I guess not. I wonder how many "Kalashnosnobs" have an AK in 5.56, or how many of them think thats a bastardization too.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:36:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mark, put what ever you want on your rifle. I thought there was less of this kind of shit on the AK side, but I guess not. I wonder how many "Kalashnosnobs" have an AK in 5.56, or how many of them think thats a bastardization too.

Chill out man,its all in good humor.Thats what makes this side of the site different than the other side.

Oh,and yes,I personally think 5.56 AKs are a bastardization,.............but thats just me.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:37:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chill out man,its all in good humor.Thats what makes this side of the site different than the other side.

This side ain't that damn different.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:32:26 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Oh,and yes,I personally think 5.56 AKs are a bastardization,.............but thats just me.

not really a bastardization, more along the lines of, "what's the point?"  Why not just have an AR in that caliber?  But I would probably buy one of the new WASR .223 if I had the money and time
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:41:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

not really a bastardization, more along the lines of, "what's the point?"  Why not just have an AR in that caliber?  But I would probably buy one of the new WASR .223 if I had the money and time

You missed my point. I wouldn't own ANYTHING in 5.56, but if someone wants an AK in 5.56 it's their business. Just like your SAW grip.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:51:46 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You missed my point. I wouldn't own ANYTHING in 5.56, but if someone wants an AK in 5.56 it's their business. Just like your SAW grip.

yes, I got that part.  everyone to his own.

I just felt the basic AK grip didn't feel right.  but who knows, maybe I'll go back to it.  Just wanted to give this one a try.  also, a lot on here had said it was a good adaptation to the AK.

-mark
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:05:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

yes, I got that part.  everyone to his own.

I just felt the basic AK grip didn't feel right.  but who knows, maybe I'll go back to it.  Just wanted to give this one a try.  also, a lot on here had said it was a good adaptation to the AK.

-mark

I held a friends Bulgy the other day and it has a SAW grip. I never really liked the way it looked, but it feels 10 times better than a standard grip. Who would o' thunk it?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:30:23 AM EDT
[#21]
I don't think it looks all that bad, but that's just me.

for instance, I just can't get over how ugly I think the east-german (I think it is) wire folding stock is, but it seems to work and people like it.

If the saw grip helps me bring down a threat faster then it's a good thing, that's all that matters.  After the fire-fight is over, are the dead guys going to say, "man, I use Iron sights, I'm the real man here!"  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:05:02 PM EDT
[#22]
I bought one of the Chinese 5.56 AKs back in the late 80s,at the time,7.62x39 ammo was still kinda expensive and I had alot of 5.56.The first round fired produced alot of blowback through the take down slot on the rear of the top cover.The firing pin penetrated the commercial primers,later,the Chinese started using spring loaded firing pins to reduce the chance of this re-occuring.Magazines were also hard to find.Later I traded for a Galil AR,beautiful rifle,smooth and accurate but a little heavy for what I needed at the time.These days,I stick with the time proven AK calibers.

MauserMark,seemed to understand a little good natured ribbing and,not only,took it well but gave a little back.

BiggerStick,don't build a problem where none existed in the first place.Nobody here gives a rats ass if someone paints their AK pink,..............but they can expect a little good natured ribbing!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:17:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
BiggerStick,don't build a problem where none existed in the first place.Nobody here gives a rats ass if someone paints their AK pink,..............but they can expect a little good natured ribbing!

My oldest daughter is 2 years old in a few weeks, and we have another girl on the way.

Now that you mentioned it a pink AK probably awaits here in the future, I'll be sure to of course post pics on here to have fun.  Maybe custom painted flowers on the furniture as well?

Oh and of course a SAW grip, so that more flowers can be added.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:23:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Thats one of the things I found interesting about Afghanistan,it was a custom to buy their new-born Son an AK on their day of birth.The Son carried the same AK all through childhood and into their adult years.
By all means,post pics of your Daughters pink AK,if it makes her like it more and educates her in the fine art of AKs then you've done all of us good!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top