Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/29/2005 2:11:01 PM EDT
I recently got a used ORF Bulgy Krink.  I noticed that the lower handguard was not fully seated in the receiver.  I took off the lower handguard and found that there were two slots across the barrel.  So I locked the retainer in  the receiver side slot and the handguard was fully seated.  When I pushed forward on the handguard, the retainer locking bar slipped forward and seated in the second slot.  Also so I could pull towards me on the hand guard and it would seat in the first slot.  First, is this a feature or somebody's screw up?  Second, can you suggest a fix?  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:04:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I would think the barrel could be spot welded to build up the area, and a new slot could be milled in the correct location....

That or tack weld the front one up and carefully reprofile to the barrel dia. May also be able to use JB Weld to fill the front slot and reprofile. If you weld it, don't heat the barrel up too much. It could cause the chrome lining to to flake off.

Mike
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top