Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2005 7:28:43 AM EDT
what do I need to do to take out the primer and empty the powder?

I don't have any reloading tools.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:30:35 AM EDT
[#1]
shoot it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:33:08 AM EDT
[#2]
All you need is someone to hold your beer while you cut it.

Seriously, you need a bullet puller. And for com-block milsurp or Wolf you'd better be prepared to whack the living shit out of it to get that bullet out.

Never heard of a way to pull the primer without firing it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:48:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Seriously, you need a bullet puller. And for com-block milsurp or Wolf you'd better be prepared to whack the living shit out of it to get that bullet out.

www.rcbs.com/images/bulletpuller.jpg

I've decapped live primers before, no big deal.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:13:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.rcbs.com/images/bulletpuller.jpg

A Berdan primer?  That would be quite a trick!!!

I am guessing you could use hydraulic force to pop it out but I wouldn't want a steel case inside my reloading dies or you will screw them up!  If you could find a tight plug (bullet) and fill the case with oil you could likely shove the primer out by pressing the plug into the case.  

Oil would help kill the primer too!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:20:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A Berdan primer?  That would be quite a trick!!!

home.sprynet.com/~frfrog2/primers.gif

I am guessing you could use hydraulif force to pop it out but I wouldn't want a steel case inside my reloading dies or you will screw them up!

oops, busted!  forgot wolf used Berdan primers, they user Boxer primers in their .223 though
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:00:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Um, I meant no way to pull the primer with the bullet still seated, which is what he was asking.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:29:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Um, I meant no way to pull the primer with the bullet still seated, which is what he was asking.

Nobody is disagreing with your post above...

A person needs to pull the bullet and powder as you describe... the primer will be more of a challange...  After the powder and primer is removed the bullet get's put back in...

I want to do one too as my next project is to build a cut-a-way AK and a cut-a-way round of ammo would be a great extra for the project.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top