Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 8:58:33 PM EDT
Is there a difference in the FSB of a RPKS-74 and a AK-74M?  I'm looking for a FSB without the dimples and having a heck of a time.  FRom teh pictures it doesn't look like it has bayo lug but i could be wrong another thing there seems to be a different bulge at the front of it for what i dont know.  Thsi guy has a parts kit with one of them in it and i was just wondering if they were interchangeable.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=37935977
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Bayo lug, and it only has one dimple versus 2 ..
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:06:21 AM EDT
[#2]
The newer version of The FSB as no dimples right?  Like what they would put on a 100 series gun?  So the new RPK-74 have one dimple insted of none at all?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:48:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The newer version of The FSB as no dimples right?  Like what they would put on a 100 series gun?  So the new RPK-74 have one dimple insted of none at all?

Actually it depends.

All Russian military guns have the dimples. The barrel parts are basically welded onto the barrel. Thats what the dimples are from. Export rifles (like the AK-101s for Indonesia, as well as the Saigas sold in military configuration in Europe) may or may not have them, as the parts might be pinned on instead.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top