Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 8:18:58 PM EDT
I am already ordering a rail interface for my yugoslavian krink kit I purchased last week.
I want to use the bottom rail for a vertical grip/light setup, and the top rail for a Kobra reflex sight.

my question is this.................. When I order this set from AutoBurst they ask if it is chinese or european.

to be more specific............chinese stamp or milled
............................................european stamp or milled

my yugo krink kit will have a Armory USA/Global Trades 1.0mm receiver.

what do I say it is?

chinese stamped?
chinese milled?

european stamped?
european milled?

this is what I have.........

this is what it is going on...............

this is what I want it to look like..............
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:53:37 PM EDT
[#1]
You've arrived when someone uses a picture of your rifle saying they want it.    The main problem I beleive is the Yugos use full size handguards.  The regular euro/rus krink is shorter than that.  As such you'd need their rails for a full sized AKM.  Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.  Might take some fitting, I dont know if the handguards are the same or not.  Definatly check before you buy, I'm pretty certain they wont fit as is.  Good luck!  Thanks for liking my rifle.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:24:12 AM EDT
[#2]
your wrong
but you have a sweet rifle so i forgive you lol

yugos take a yugo hg the yugo fullsize is diff from all other ak's(euro and chicom)
the yugo krink takes a yugo krink hg nothang else will fit thats why you dont see anythang but wood on them
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:16:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Well viperEH, nice krink.

I guess I will either modify the existing HG's or manufacture some myself out of delrin.

I have found some black delrin online for dirt cheap, now I will see about machining costs.

I will probably upset the AK gods for this but, I hate wood on firearms. everything I have is black only.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:00:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Well it sounds like I was right in that they were different sizes.  Getting that point across was my main concern.  Dononvan, thanks for the compliments.  And good luck, if you get the material yourself, go for it!  Its cheap.    Here it is in its current iteration.  I can swap handguards and muzzle device inside of 2 minutes by hand.  Pretty nifty.    

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:33:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I think I am going to go with the cast and mold method.

I already have some extra picatinny rails, I am going to trim them until they fit.
but I have also noticed that the yugo M92 HG's are curved on top and bottom both front to back and side to side, for that it'll make them a hard
surface to mate to.

I guess I can drive to MGS and pick up a spare set of HG's just in case I mess up.
but now I am thinking, I cant sepperate the parts where the picatinny rails are when doing a cast.

Using the wood I already have, I will sand them down until they are a perfect flat surface, then round them to look stock, then mount the rails to them.

It will be an interesting job to defeat, and I am going to start today.
Watch, as soon as I finish, someone would have made some out of delrin already, and I would have wasted my time.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top