Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/27/2005 7:39:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:40:06 PM EDT
[#1]

You would think that the designer of the firearm that changed the world would have some decent trigger saftey.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:50:43 PM EDT
[#2]
yea, no doubt. Did he also get another star because he was drinking his vodka?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:53:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I was gonna photoshop Kalashnikov's head onto the NO looter, but apathy overtook me.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:25:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't expect good trigger discipline from Russians - it's a Russian thing, you wouldn't understand.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:44:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Don't expect good trigger discipline from Russians - it's a Russian thing, you wouldn't understand.

Actually he's holding an airsoft gun in that first picture.  It's hard to see but I'm 100% sure of it.  Not that it gives any excuse for the bad trigger discipline
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:45:00 PM EDT
[#7]
RIP Sir

ETA: OOPS
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
RIP Sirs
tinypic.com/e140sp.jpg]tinypic.com/e140sp.jpg

Um I believe Kalashnikov is still alive.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, ol' Mick is still alive and kickin. I guess he is more reliable than Eugene.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:58:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
RIP Sirs
tinypic.com/e140sp.jpg]tinypic.com/e140sp.jpg]tinypic.com/e140sp.jpg

Um I believe Kalashnikov is still alive.

I like dead commies, but respect Gen. Kalashnikov.  Freudian typo .
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:59:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Another fine example of his trigger discipline

And one of my favorite pics:

Kalashnikov: I knew it! The damn Chinese forgot to mill out the vents on the handguards again!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:03:06 PM EDT
[#12]
With a plum '74
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:41:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:50:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

That is one beautiful AK.

But he could have kept his fingers out of the trigger guard. (i know its been said and will be again , but that is just plain stupidov)
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:04:24 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.gunco.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=248

As I had pointed out earlier, that's an airsoft gun.  Other than that you're right it does look really nice, if only it was a real one.

Here's another pic of him with the same airsoft gun:
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:57:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
premium1.uploadit.org/docZox///HandKs-icecream.jpg

You can't see me but I'm in the back of the line !
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:10:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But he could have kept his fingers out of the trigger guard. (i know its been said and will be again , but that is just plain stupidov)

not to mention that the things on fire too!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:26:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:29:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:34:11 AM EDT
[#20]
It's not  a pic but Looks good for the man.
Kalashnikov's progeny "appear to have caused most of the 300,000 annual combat fatalities in the wars of the 1990s. They were the primary weapon for one or more sides in virtually all the 40-plus wars of the last decade." It was perhaps the Soviet Union's key export: there are now 10 times as many AK-47s in the world as M16s,

Heres where it came from
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:39:17 AM EDT
[#21]
tag for when I get home. Have a great picture of him and I at the 2004 SHOT show.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:25:45 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As I had pointed out earlier, that's an airsoft gun.  Other than that you're right it does look really nice, if only it was a real one.

Here's another pic of him with the same airsoft gun:
www.sv-agency.udm.ru/FacesOfRussia/kalashnikov.JPG

How can you tell it is airsoft? I have zero experience with them. If that is the case they make some nice looking guns!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:31:38 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
How can you tell it is airsoft? I have zero experience with them. If that is the case they make some nice looking guns!

The shape of the top cover, receiver, finish of the bolt carrier,  pseudo wood furniture, slightly oversized magazine and the shiny metal finish are all tell tale signs of the Tokyo Marui AK47 airsoft gun.

Notice that in one of the pictures where the selector is down, there's no gap exposed. That's pretty much the dead giveaway.

yes I had owned one and are very familiar with the distinctive shapes and differences of the AK47 airsoft rifle that sets it apart from the real deal.  I was able to see it instantly.

I have no idea why he would be posing with an airsoft versus a real one.  Perhaps one of the photographers brought it and asked him to pose with it?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm call'n BS  MR. AIRSOFT.  

All of thos supposed airsoft aks look real to me, and the one you say doesn't have a gap where the safety is down, does in fact have a gap on my monitor, maybe your's is set improperly.  Besides, a real ak in russia is probably cheaper than some japanese toy
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:53:36 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

All of thos supposed airsoft aks look real to me, and the one you say doesn't have a gap where the safety is down, does in fact have a gap on my monitor, maybe your's is set improperly.  Besides, a real ak in russia is probably cheaper than some japanese toy

I see a gap on my monitor too.  The wood does look kinda fake though.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:05:42 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Ok, someone is asking for it

I didn't want to do this since it's really sort of off topic, but ok.

MR IDONTKNOWSHIT:

Here's a picture that I've brightened up to let you see where the gap is suppose to be on a real AK, but isn't present on the AK in the picture.

On a real AK that area where the red arrow is pointing is suppose to be hollow, and you can even see the recoil spring if the lighting is right.  But as you can see in that pic, it's SOLID.  That portion is painted black to make it look like there's a gap, SEE IT?  That's one major indication.

If you still don't see it after I've brightend up the picture, then you're either blind or too stupid.

Now, second pic with the same airsoft gun:

Arrow 1: Look at where it's pointing, notice the shape of the top cover is rounder, while the top cover on the real AK will have a more squared edge.
Arrow 2: See that seemly random black scribble looking thing on the receiver? Yes that's where the manufacture logo goes on the airsoft gun.
Arrow 3: Look at the wood. Do you see any distinctive laminated wood grain patters? No, it's psuedowood which is made of plastic, exactly what the airsoft gun AK looks like.  Also look at the other wood on the other pics, you should see.

Another pic of him with the airsoft AK, see for yourself.  I mean c'mon, you can SEE the plastic shine from the AK can you NOT?

Here's a close up of the Airsoft AK in question, see if you can find any tell tale signs:

I even put the red arrows up for you , so you know WHAT to look for.

Solid gap (painted black), pseudo wood, round top cover, airsoft manufacture logo.

That and the bolt carrier, magazine all just look airsoft.  I understand these can be very minor details, like I said I have worked extensively with this particular airsoft gun so I know my shit.

So is everything starting to fall together now? Are we clear?

So before you call BS on anyone check and see if you're the one with the fucked up monitor.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:50:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Airsoft is so cool......
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:26:19 PM EDT
[#29]
I've got a signed picture of Mr. Kalashnikov similar to this one, it even has the Izhmash firearm museum stamp and signature of authenticity.  Should be worth something when he eventually passes on.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:34:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=33472

Look, I'm only trying to point out the fact that Mr. Kalashnokov is holding an airsoft gun in several of the pictures, which I thought some of you may find interesting.  

I'M JUST A MESSENGER HERE.

And since someone called BS on me, I had no choice but to prove the validity of my obervation somehow.

I'm not here to promote airsoft guns, in fact I don't even own any.  I have worked with airsoft guns in the past and I simply telling you my observation.

This is different than the airsoft people that came here to tell us what we should mount on our rifle or how we should do this or that.  Can you tell the difference between what I'm doing, and what THOSE AIRSOFT people were doing?

Does that make sense to you now?

Instead you have nothing to do except insult me, simply because I have showed some airsoft knowledge on this forum.

Grow the fuck up.

And to the original thread starter sorry for the hijack.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:44:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Well, alrighty then. You proved it to me.

What about picture of MTK? Come on, and no photoshopping.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:20:54 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I've got a signed picture of Mr. Kalashnikov similar to this one, it even has the Izhmash firearm museum stamp and signature of authenticity.  Should be worth something when he eventually passes on.

www.gunsnet.net/album/data/500/8324MKpicture2.jpg

Whats the story of the Poly mag in the top PIC?
It has vertical ribs.
I thought all the Polys were slab sided.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:23:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Does anyone know if he is still making the gun show rounds in the US and signing autographs?  I just got my manufacturer's license and I'd give anything to have him sign an AK that I built in my shop.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:37:17 PM EDT
[#35]
If you look closely at this AIRSOFT rifle you can see that the handguards are solid and
you CANNOT see through the vents on the handguard.

If you look at this picture you can clearly see THROUGH the front handgaurd vent
which is not possible if he was holding a AIRSOFT...    

Sorry to pop a "hole" in your detective work

LB
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:52:27 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
If you look closely at this AIRSOFT rifle you can see that the handguards are solid and
you CANNOT see through the vents on the handguard.

img308.imageshack.us/img308/4829/maruiak7af.jpg

If you look at this picture you can clearly see THROUGH the front handgaurd vent
which is not possible if he was holding a AIRSOFT...    

Sorry to pop a "hole" in your detective work

LB

There are no holes in my "detective work".  

Look at this picture and you'll see that the handguards are indeed see-through on the airsoft AK. And they are two piece, same as the real deal.

A close up view:

The only reason you can't see through the vent hole from the airsoft handguard from the other pic is simply due to angle.  

Nice try though , resistance is futile.

I don't want to turn this thread into an airsoft detective jamboree, but some of you guys aren't helping.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:35:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:03:04 AM EDT
[#38]
yes, it is true, I have seen the article, Mr. K was posing for pictures with an airsoft ak.  It's not just ANY airsoft ak.. it's a very nice one. Cost's more than a real AK.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#39]
are you women done?  Geez, ruined what would have been an much better thread.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top