Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 6:26:41 AM EDT
So I think I may have made an oops. I have the barrel and trunnion riveted on a OOW receiver, but don't know how to finish the inside of the receiver. Is there any thing I can do at this point? Could I parkerize the whole assembly or would that screw up the inside of the barrel? Bake on Paint?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:03:16 AM EDT
[#1]
plug the barrel with plastic stoppers and spray it down with K-Phos from a spray bottle, let it drip dry.....follow with gunkote, duracoat, molyresin etc

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:24:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Parkerize would be the best way.

Then just keep the inside oiled.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:25:48 AM EDT
[#3]
What is the accepted method? Can't you park a gun with the barrel still in it?

Should you park the parts (reciever, trunnions, barrel, trigger gaurd) before they're assembled?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:30:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Clean the receiver with brake cleaner, then spray the inside with black paint, then bake for 1hr on 300deg.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:32:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm pretty sure real AKs get finished after the trunnions are installed. They're usually (always?) bare where the trunnion meets the receiver. Not sure about the barrel being in it, but as someone else said you could plug it up.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:35:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Can anybody tell me what K-phos is? I have access to a lot of Metal Finishing chemicals. Is it a room temperature salt treatment?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:40:11 AM EDT
[#7]
K-Phos is the pretreatment AK gunsmiths use on thier guncoat finishes

www.cleenboreusa.com/kg/kggunkote.asp

www.kgcoatings.com/
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top